by corinne iaia

November 10, 2014

A PEEK INSIDE MY MAKEUP BAG


It's been awhile since I've stopped to take note of the products I've been reaching for on a daily basis. It can be hard to notice the items that you love when you're constantly testing out new ones and the focus seems to fall on those. You so desperately want to love the new items, and that being said, a few of those have landed a permanent spot in my makeup bag, along with some trusty favorites. 

I switch up my products regularly, but always stick to a similar makeup mantra - fresh, perfected skin, a neutral eye for daytime, followed by an enhanced lip and touch of blush and luminizer for some added oomph. I am not at all a fan of a flat complexion, especially now that I'm no longer in my mattified teenage years. A new(ish) favorite of mine, which I mentioned here, is the By Terry Sheer-Expert. It gives the most perfected complexion and lit-from-within glow sans shimmer particles, and leaves skin with the feeling of just having applied a really good serum. You might be surprised to see a different concealer in the mix for once, as I don't tend to stray from my usual Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, but for now the Clarins Instant Concealer has stolen the spotlight for its ability to combat dark circles, blemishes, and blotchiness with one quick dab. To seal my base in I've still been on a Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder kick, as there's nothing so radiance-inducing that's as finely milled as this. It really is like a filter for real life that you can dust on the skin and you can't beat that. 

To give myself a bit of color, I've found myself reaching for the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blusher in Ecstasy lately. The shade is gorgeous, a rosy mauve shimmer, and it adds some warmth to the complexion without ever competing with the rest of my makeup. Another standout product from Charlotte Tilbury is her Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk, the perfect lip enhancing shade that I draw slightly outside my natural lipline for a bit of a poutier effect. I top that with the cult classic By Terry Baume de Rose to lock in moisture, for which I just purchased a replacement a few days ago because I can't be without it. My wallet is still weeping, *le sigh.

For eyes I'm all about a neutral shade for everyday wear, and since time is not always a luxury I can afford, a do-it-all shade is good to have on hand. The Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirage is an easy swipe'n go golden brown that gives the same result as applying a base, crease, and highlight shade in one. If I'm feeling fancy then I will pair that with a cat-eye and for that the absolute bestin my humble opinion, is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. The tip is made up of the finest little hairs and not felt, which for me tends to give and doesn't create as sharp of a wing. Obviously, all of this makeup would be nothing without mascara to top it off and right now I'm using one from MAC that came in a set I purchased from their holiday collection.  

What items have you been loving lately? Are there any standbys that you need to have with you at all times?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. the blusher is so pretty! need to get my hands on those

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig