by corinne iaia

November 25, 2014

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS NARS


Oh NARS. You never let a girl down, especially during her favorite time of the year. I have trudged through the aisles of nearly every makeup and department store out there over the past few weeks and I have yet to come across anything that has made me feel as jolly with Christmas spirit as the NARS holiday collection has. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that the brand has brought it yet again and I'm all dizzy with visions of palettes and sets dancing in my head. 

There were two items in particular that I just couldn't leave behind during a recent shopping trip, the Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret and the Virtual Domination Cheek Palette - what if they were gone when I went back to get them? The idea of the shelves being empty on my next stroll through Sephora was enough to have me running to the register without second thought. And man, am I glad I did. 

We all know that NARS is like the dominatrix of the swoon-worthy palette world, and their new release is certainly no different. In fact, I think it's one of the best to date - ever. It rings in at $65 for a value of $151, according to Sephora's website. There are three blushes including Deep Throat, Final Cut, and Sex Fantasy, the Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush Powder, and their famous Laguna Bronzer. You know the one. Personally, I have always been a fan of the bronzer so that gets an automatic thumbs up from me, not to mention it's a decent sized portion for an in-palette inclusion. The three blush shades are all amazing, pigmented and uplifting as always, but I find myself loving the shimmer-free brightening peach shade, Final Cut (limited edition shade) the best. I even like that there is a highlighter included in here for traveling purposes, and although it's not the subtlest I've ever encountered, I still think it rounds things out nicely. The packaging goes without mention only because there is nothing to be said other than that it's hefty, looks awesome coming out of any makeup bag, and is no doubt high-quality stuff. 

Onto lip pencils, we have the Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret. For $49 you get a value of $96, and five decent sized lip pencils (three Satin Lip Pencils, two Velvet Mattes), one of NARS' best products in my humble opinion. The set comes housed in a handy acrylic case that may just become the new home to my entire collection. I love this. The five colors range from an everyday appropriate nude, to a creamy peach, through bold and bright right down to Cruella - an ever-classic red shade that everyone will love. I don't think there's ever been a lip set containing so many shades that I actually want, which is certainly the case with this roundup. In terms of choosing favorites, I've always loved Cruella but right now I have to say that Iberico, the orange-red shade, is brightening things up a bit from the standard winter red and I don't hate it at all
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i want mars now too! such a pretty palette! love it! ohh i have a giveaway on my blog you should come check it out

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man those blusher colours are soooo pretty, this is definitely going on my Christmas list! (After I read the post title, I just started humming All I Want for Christmas is You...)

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig