by corinne iaia

November 13, 2014

GETTING ON THE LIPLINER BANDWAGON


In the past I was never a diehard fan of lip liners. Then again, I never gave them a proper go because I had sort of labeled them as outdated, more of something my grandma would wear. You may know the look I'm talking about - the pearlized lipstick outlined in dark, almost black liner? Shudders

Well, after falling in love with the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat I realized they are hardly what they used to be and are actually having a moment for a very good reason. The neutral shades give the lips a much fuller appearance when drawn slightly outside the natural lip and the darker shades can be worn all over to create an almost indelible stain that lasts without looking overdone. I've been building up my very small collection and I'm loving them all so much so that I have a few others on my current shopping list. So far, for the Kylie Jenner look I'd say to go for the MAC Lip Pencil in Soar, but if you're into a bolder and more mischievous stain, I love the shade Burgundy.  

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lipliners have been having SUCH a moment lately! I've never really been bothered with them, but I think I may have to try them and see what all the fuss is about!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Urban Decay lip liners! They are nice and creamy. I've been wearing Turn On a lot and layering a little Bite Agave Lip Mask over it for hydration from the bitter cold!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig