by corinne iaia

November 04, 2014

THE BALM MARY-LOU MANIZER


I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but for some reason this cult status highlighter never made it into my grasp until recently. I thought I was covered in the shimmer department with my Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder, and I don't tend to gravitate toward products that make me glisten, but it's okay because this one is different and melts into the skin in a way I can't quite understand. I won't ask too many questions though, as all I know is of its' ability to smooth onto cheekbones and add a glow without a trace. 

I'm sure you've heard its sung praises prior to my little review here, but I just had to confirm that this is one of those items really worthy of all the hype surrounding it. The powder texture is super finely milled and layers gorgeously, making it easy to either dust on a lit from within veil or go all heavy handed for a more obvious shimmering effect. What I like the best about it, though, is that the shimmer particles themselves are actually undetectable and Mary-Lou Manizer diffuses the light making cheekbones and applied areas look more youthful and prominent. In a good way - two thumbs up from me. 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is definitely my favourite highlighter! I just love the super soft, smooth and pigmented formula. The colour really complements my skin tone too!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so beautiful - it's climbed to the top of my ranks as well!

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  2. stunning highlighter. love the way it complete your skin tone

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a universally flattering shade!

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig