by corinne iaia

November 30, 2014

THE EYESHADOW STICK ROUNDUP


Eyeshadow sticks; they're handy, quick, long lasting and always give the result of having blended multiple shades when really all you did was swipe n' go. They are the lazy (wo)man's way to creating a sexy smudgey eye in a jiffy, and that's why I love them. They are basically all I reach for to create my daytime eye look, and as a result my collection of them seems to be growing on a weekly basis. Here are a handful of my favorites, they're multi-dimensional beauts...

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Sugar Frost // Say hello to my go-to inner corner highlight. It is a bit on the shimmery side of things but used sparingly it opens up the eyes and stays put all day. I have other shades in this formula and love every single one of them.

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Champagne Diamonds // The formula of this is beautiful, you get good lasting power but things don't set down to no-budge mode quite as quickly with this as with some of the others, making it easier to blend with. I like this particular shade as a base for a cat eye flick come nighttime, as it gives a bit of extra glitz underneath. 

Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in 27 Pink Lagoon // This pretty seashell pink shimmer has a unique cooling effect when applied and goes on easily without any pulling. I quite like the shade range with these as they are different than the normal neutrals that many others offer. I use this pink shade on the lid with a bit of bronze toward the outer corner and it makes for one sexy eye paired with a bit of a tan which is why it's definitely a summer favorite. 

Kiko Long Lasting Stick in 38 // For half the price (or less) of the rest of these offerings, this one brings some serious bang for your buck. It lasts all day just like the name would suggest, the shade range is on point and pretty extensive, but this one is my favorite. It is one of the less shimmery options I've found and it has a really great duo chrome-like effect with a purple root running through the taupe shade. Winner.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Bronze // Almost identical in formulation to Laura Mercier's offering, just with a bit less chunky glitter. At least in this shade - which is why this is one of my most reached for daily eyeshadows. I love the classic bronze color and that it blends from bold by the lash-line to faded toward the top, as if you went through the trouble of applying a separate crease shade and all.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock // The glammest of the bunch, there is something so luxurious about anything By Terry, and this product certainly doesn't disappoint. I love the smokey purple color of this stick and I'd say it packs the most glitz as well, which could be a good or bad thing depending on preference, but it will not budge once it's scribbled on so blending must be done in a swift fashion. This is a great one for taking on vacations for it's incredible lasting power - it won't move until you take it off with some powerful makeup remover. 

I will continue growing my collection as I'm running through these faster than I have with any other eyeshadow, ever. Have any suggestions on additional formulas I've missed here?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i love that kiko stick! such a great product!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with cream eyeshadows and this is like the easier version of them so you don't have to get your hands dirty. Thanks for the suggestions.

    www.withinjayslife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig