by corinne iaia

November 23, 2014

TWO MAKEUP LOOKS TO GET THE HOLIDAY PARTY SEASON STARTED


With Thanksgiving day just around the corner, we can officially say that the holiday season has begun. I don't know about you ladies, but I like to sort out my holiday party looks ahead of time so that come the day of the festivities I don't need to spend too much time sifting through products, and can focus on executing the look. Blending is hard work, okay

The makeup looks I tend to gravitate toward are pretty self explanatory, the focus resting on one bold shade or one highlighted feature at a time. There are two go-to's that I always have on hand, one being a bold lip and cat eye look with carved cheekbones, and one being a smokey eye and nude-pink lip with a glistening complexion to match. Sticking to the classics in terms of base products will have all eyes on you and things will never look overdone as both looks are easy to tailor to whatever party scenario you find yourself in. 

THE BOLD LIP // My take on the red lip look, it's not Christmas quite yet and I don't want to tire the classic red before the most wonderful time of the year. I opt for a bold berry in a sheer formula courtesy of Laura Mercier Gel Lip Color in Temptation. I keep the base classic with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because it creates a seamless finish and lasts through late night partying. I like a luminous complexion with this look and my favorite way to achieve that is with a dusting of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light and sculpted cheekbones a la Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder. With a bold lip I like to add some warmth to my cheeks with a non-interfering shade like MAC Blush in Harmony. For the eyes I prime with the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly for a nude look, and define the socket with Urban Decay's Naked Basics. Of course, the look would be nothing without defined brows, for which I'd grab my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette, and  of course fluttery lashes thanks to MAC Mascara.

THE SMOKEY EYE // I'd keep the base the same for this look because it is just that good, it needs no changing. For an extra shot of illuminator to keep things extra glowy I use the Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere along the bridge of my nose and cheekbones and dust the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Ecstasy on the apples for some luminous color. The longest lasting eye primer in my stash, Nars Pro Prime Eye Primer is a necessity for a smokey eye look and creates the perfect base for the  Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tisse Vendome. I always reach for the darkest shades in the palette, which create a shimmering bronze smokey effect without having to use any black. With a bold eye I like to keep things simple on the lips by lining with Mac Lip Pencil in Soar and then filling in with my beloved Tom Ford Lipstick in  Spanish Pink.

What are your Thanksgiving party plans? Will you follow my lead and rock one of these looks this week?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Temptation is such a beautiful colour and perfect for this time of year, Thanksgiving would be amazing for it!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your picks I'm loving my Soar Lip Liner from Mac & I'll agree with you on all the rest :-)
    Serene xoxo

    http://www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the bold lip and smokey eye one oh btw Check out my blog i have a fab giveaway up!

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig