by corinne iaia

December 29, 2014

AN ODE TO JO MALONE FRAGRANCES


I'm not sure if you've noticed, but if you follow me on Instagram, you may well know I am having a bit of a fragrance moment. I have had a long relationship with fragrance; throughout my teenage years I would take my babysitting and birthday money to the counter and scout out the newest and most colorful (obnoxious) release. Vera Wang Princess, Marc Jacobs Daisy, and Juicy Couture were a few of my high school favorites, but my tastes have since swayed in the opposite direction toward more unique and bespoke scents.

Fast forward to a few months ago, when I caught a whiff of a delicious mixture while walking by a Jo Malone counter at Nordstrom. I immediately stopped to have a look (and smell!) and while I had heard about the brand so many times before, I had never really taken the time to sniff out a scent to take home with me. Of course, after exploring what the line had to offer I was in heaven, had caught the Jo "bug" for lack of a better term, and had fallen in love with not one, but multiple scents. The first that captured my attention was the French Lime Blossom Cologne, which smells zesty, sweet, and fresh all without being too overpowering, exactly as if you had walked by the fragrance's namesake flower. Within the first few weeks of wearing it my new scent, I had received so many compliments that I knew I'd have to purchase the other bottle that I had my eye on. The wildly popular Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne, which is perfect for this time of the year, smells warm, earthy, and inviting, while managing to settle into a scent reminiscent of a breath of fresh air from the sea. It's a soft, "skin" fragrance, that for once, doesn't use the notes of vanilla or benzoin to obtain that characteristic.

These two scents (and many of the others) smell amazing and I think the idea that these fragrances can all be mixed and matched to create even more unique combinations speaks volumes of their quality. They aren't overpowering, but more so simple in the way that they allow a few notes to take center stage instead of the average 30 plus. It's safe to say I'm having a bit of a fragrance crush. I'd love to hear what your favorites are from the brand. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've never smelled these before or even heard of this brand. It sounds interesting though.
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig