by corinne iaia

December 31, 2014

MY TOP 14 OF 2014


I can't believe that today is the last day we will ever spend living life in the year 2014. You know what they say about time passing, "the days go slow, but the years go fast." I don't think there could be any phrase that rings more true while looking back over a year as it passes from the present into the past, and becomes a memory. Don't forget to remind yourself that everything is more clear in hindsight, in fact, it's 20/20, so don't harp on things you could have done differently, but instead think of what you learned and how you can apply it to new beginnings. Here's to a healthy, prosperous, and happy 2015 and don't forget to stop and laugh along the way. 

On the lighter side of things, 2014 has been a really fun year to start blogging. I've had so many great product discoveries and loved many different items throughout the year, but there are some that stand out and have made it through many seasons and situations. Those items, plus some newer ones that I know I will continue to enjoy using, have ended up in this roundup of the top 14 of 2014. 
  1. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask // I've had this little green beauty on my shelf for only a few months, but it has become my go-to for a glow in an instant. I love that it's gentle, all natural, and yet leaves you with a practically brand new skin texture and radiance you didn't quite knew you had in you.
  2. Tom Ford Lip Color in Spanish Pink // There isn't much to say about Tom Ford lipsticks other than the fact that they are super luxe and have quite a superior formula. Super smoothing, nourishing, and flattering, this shade has become my favorite pinky nude. 
  3. By Terry Sheer Expert // This is the 'my skin but better' product of the foundation world. I reserve this for days when I know I need my skin to look perfect without looking like I'm wearing heavy makeup. It settles to a satiny smooth finish and also adds a lovely radiance without any sparkle, and as a bonus, looks amazing in photos thanks to its lack of SPF. No Casper here! 
  4. Eve Lom TLC Radiance Cream // The second I swept this dream cream across my skin I fell in love. It smells of Rose Otto, comforts the skin in a matter of seconds, and sinks in like nothing else. I like how it leaves things more even toned and mattified enough for use under makeup. It's the perfect day time cream and has improved the tone of my skin since I began incorporating it into my daily routine.
  5. Byredo Gypsy Water EDP // I didn't want to cave into the trend, but I did, and I have #noregrets. I don't think that this could have made me happier and that means a lot considering how high my expectations were for this gorgeously packaged little bottle. It smells amazing; fresh, warm, and woodsy and the scent still lingers on my skin at the end of my commute and 16 hour day. It has very quickly taken the top spot as my favorite fragrance, ever. Life is short, buy the damn perfume.
  6. NUDE Skincare Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly // I love this cleanser so much, I've spoken about it in its very own post. It goes from a jelly to an oil, then from an oil to a milk, and takes off my makeup amazingly well. It has enough slip to massage in and rinses clean but leaves things super soft and just happy.
  7. Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder in Medium // Is there a beauty blogger or fanatic out there who doesn't rave about this product's ability to carve cheekbones into even the roundest of faces? No, and that's because it's simply the best.
  8. Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer in Kissability // When I want my lips to have a bit of color while giving them a plumping effect I always reach for this gloss. There are a few less sticky options out there but this one gives me a tingly bee stung feel with a long lasting finish and I love it. 
  9. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder // A purely beautiful powder that gives radiance from within and has just the right amount of illuminating power. I use this almost every day and wouldn't want to be without its airbrushing capabilities.
  10. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush // At the risk of sounding too redundant, you can read why this made my favorites, here
  11. Clarins Instant Concealer // Thanks to Vivianna for recommending this gem of a concealer. It's definitely a do-it-all and has the most amazing texture, similar to a tinted moisturizer but much more pigmented, it covers anything from bags to bumps and all the in-betweens. 
  12. RMS Living Luminizer // A coconut oil based luminizer with undetectable shimmer particles that adds major bounce and glow anywhere it's dabbed. 
  13. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Bronze // This isn't anything all that revolutionary, but it definitely belongs in my top of 2014 and you know how I love my eyeshadow sticks. I wear this on my lids more days than not because it enhances my eye color, lasts all day, and is super quick to apply. 
  14. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk // 2014 could be dubbed the year of the lipliner, and I think it's Charlotte's wonder pencil that truly started the trend. Yes, even before Kylie did. I love this pencil because it manages to look natural while you go along your merry way overdrawing your lip line for a fuller effect. An amazing product, I can't help but imagine if it were around in Audrey's days she would have loved it too. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love your 2014 picks! Must get Pillow Talk. The Hourglass powder and blush were products I also reached for a ton last year!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig