by corinne iaia

December 10, 2014

MY TOP TEN CURRENT BEAUTY ESSENTIALS


This is a busy time of the year, especially for all of us ladies with our never ending to-do lists; gift shopping, baking, party planning, and of course work! I have been relying lately on some fail-proof beauty essentials that have helped my parched skin from appearing that way and make me look as if I've had much more "me time" than I actually have. Right now these are the products I would not want to be without and hopefully this will inspire you to edit your necessities for this season as well. 
  1. Embryolisse Lait-Creme ConcentrĂ© // Yes, this French pharmacy favorite is making yet another appearance. Maybe it's the final time you will see it pop up in someone's favorites before finally grabbing a tube of your own. This isn't the fanciest cream out there but when it comes to tackling dry winter skin and keeping it hydrated and plump, there is no denying this is probably the best no fuss option. It also smells amazing and works beautifully under makeup.
  2. By Terry Baume de Rose // This is one of those products I wish I didn't love so much, simply because it's embarrassingly expensive for a lip balm. Well, it is hyped for a reason and this rich rose scented balm keeps the dry skin from overtaking my lips, it even seems to peel any existing dry patches right off upon application. This is a great night time treatment as well, apply before bed and you'll wake up to moist soft lips.
  3. Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille // A delicious twist on a classic scent. This oriental vanilla fragrance with notes of tonka bean, guaiac wood, musk, bitter almond, sandalwood, benzoin, and coconut milk has the perfect warm aroma for this time of the year. 
  4. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Bramble // A super pigmented and long lasting matte lip color in a deep shade of black currant. I've been reaching for this for a nighttime lip lately and loving the intensity of the color.
  5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray // A soothing and refreshing spray that contains rosewater, aloe, and herbs that works beautifully when sprayed directly on a clean face before applying moisturizer. I have found that this extra step helps my moisturizer to sink in faster and it also seems to help maximize plumpness in the skin. There are many similar options out there but considering how quickly my skin drinks in the stuff, this one is perfect at just $7 for a 4 oz. bottle.
  6. Clarins Instant Concealer // A rich fluid concealer that smoothes over flaws beautifully and never settles into fine lines. You only need the smallest amount to cover just about anything from bags to blemishes and the formula is more moisture-rich than most which is perfect for this time of the year. 
  7. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure // I have raved about these blushes before here, but this shade has been a recent favorite for its ability to go with any look you might want to create. It's also great because it does both the highlight and blush steps in just one subtle sweep. 
  8. Dior Star Fluid Foundation // This has been on my face a lot recently as it's a bouncy satin texture that stays dewy all day without being greasy. The level of coverage is similar to that of the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, except I find that this is great right now for my drier than usual skin. 
  9. Nars The Multiple in Luxor // A pearlescent cream to powder highlighter that looks great on the cheekbones, cupids bow, and as an inner corner highlight. I like the 'glistening pearl' shade of this, as it's a bit more snow queen-esque than any of the other highlighters in my stash. 
  10. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirage // A one swipe wonder shadow in a beautiful shimmering bronzed brown shade. This is still one of my favorite shadow formulas to date, no tools required other than your pointer finger and the staying power is fantastic, no creasing here.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love this post! And I think it may just be the final appearance this moisturizer makes in a blog post before I grab myself a tube! Xoxo
    Nidia from www.musingsofnidia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've have sold me on the By Terry lip balm. Oh and I had a sniff of the Serge Lutens fragrance in Space NK a while ago and it smells really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous products! The Serge Lutens perfume sounds absolutely gorgeous. I know Amelia Liana always raves about it! I really want to try the Mario Badescu spray actually, it's really decently priced!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig