by corinne iaia

December 16, 2014

NO BUDGE RED LIPS


I'm not sure about you, but I can't resist a good red lip around the holidays. It might seem completely cliché, but it really is the quickest way to spruce up a regular look and get things party ready. Though, my dilemma remains the same no matter the lip product I choose to paint my pucker red; through all that eating and drinking things don't tend to last. Nothing looks worse than a smeared or patchy red lip, am I right? 

I'm coming through in the clutch for you all again, and through vigorous testing  have discovered a few lippies that won't budge no matter the length of those holiday parties you have to endure. I'm sure just by glancing at the photo above that you can tell there is a common theme found among these products. They are all liquid lipsticks that dry with a no-budge matte finish. The one I've been using the longest is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the shade Tesoro, a complexion brightening orange-based red that I love. Similar in shade, but a bit more powerful in terms of length of wear, is the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Riviera, which is said to be a favorite of Miranda Kerr for it's almost neon finish. You know how it goes, if Miranda's doing it, so is everyone else. This one has to be a one swipe and done deal, as it dries so fast and lasts so long that once applied you won't be able to layer as easily. 

The next is a newer discovery, the Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in Bachelorette which has tattoo-like staying power just as the name (and woman behind the brand) would suggest. I like that this shade is a bit more magenta based, it instantly makes smiles whiter which is always a plus in my book. How could I write you an edit of liquid lipsticks without mentioning the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in shade 01? This cheap and cheerful option has earned quite the reputation amongst bloggers over the past year, and for good reason. It's a universally flattering true red shade, like MAC's famed Ruby Woo, which makes it an absolute staple in my lip drawer. 

Which is your favorite? Will you be donning a red lip for any upcoming holiday parties? 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ah, what stunning picks! A red lip is a classic come Christmas time, but it definitely needs to be long wearing! All of these look amazing, I particularly like the sounds of the HG one. I mean, Miranda Kerr?!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - anything Miranda does...I want to do!

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  2. I plan to rock MAC's Frank-N-Furter lipstick on NYE, even if the plan is to stay in and wear pajamas (which sounds honestly AMAZING)! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I'm envisioning myself doing the exact same on NYE and I have no problem with that! To me it's definitely a nice relaxing time :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig