by corinne iaia

December 20, 2014

THAT LIT FROM WITHIN GLOW


Lackluster winter skin can be a real pain in the you know what, especially when it's the time of the year when your skin can handle more layers of makeup than usual. The layering technique doesn't quite work though when your skin looks a little dull from, say, a lack of Vitamin D and dry winter days. It's hard work being a girl wouldn't you say? I have been relying on my stash of subtle yet reliable glow giving products lately to combat these issues and have been loving the results. Not too much shimmer, just products that create a smooth canvas and bright skin. 

I start off my daily face with a light sweep of the Le Blanc De Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base. I can't quite crack the code with this product; it's a milky, pure white fluid that is similar in texture to a foundation, that somehow induces a serious glow into the skin without a single speck of shimmer in sight. I like that it lacks that silicone feel that some primers tend to have that can often clash with other makeup and have the opposite effect that it's supposed to. It almost acts as a luminous magnet for the rest of your makeup, resulting in supreme staying power which is something we all want. 

Normal concealers haven't been cutting it lately due to the drier than usual conditions of my skin, so the moisture-rich formula of the Clarins Instant Concealer has literally saved me. It never settles into fine lines and can cover just about anything without looking cakey or fake. The Givenchy Mister Light in Mister Milk has been working like a charm for a non-sparkly illuminator. I use this along the bridge of my nose for a slimming effect as well as the high points of my cheeks and I'm loving how it adds radiance and light. I like to top it all off with a light diffusing finishing powder, can you guess which one I'm into currently? Yes, it's still the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (I have and use three different shades regularly) and that's because it's just the best of its kind when it comes to giving a little bit of extra staying power and making things all around glowy. It's become a staple in my makeup routine and I can't imagine I'll ever be without it - I mean, it's a filter in a compact. 

What products do you use to add radiance to your skin and ensure you never look dull? 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I think I might need to add the Clarins concealer to my collection ever since I heard Anna raving about it I was intrigued ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Corinne, such a timely post for me to read as my complexion could use the extra boost! I've been enjoying the Glossier Soothing Facial Mist a LOT, especially 2 weeks ago when I was sick and looked it. I need to bust out the Hourglass powders! Thank you for the inspo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been my number one enabler when it comes to the Glossier products! I want to try the Moisturizer and Mist now! Hope you feel better

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig