by corinne iaia

December 04, 2014

UNSUNG HEROS: STAPLE PRODUCTS


We beauty lovers are always rambling away about the latest must haves and skincare additions to our already product heavy routines and the lip color shade of the week. But what about the products that we use every single day without question? We repurchase them without second though, in fact, we're armed with enough backups to lather up an entire army. We would literally be frazzled messes without them, yet we never talk about how much we adore them or why. Well, here is my ode to those unsung heros...may I never be forced to go a day without you

Cotton buds and pads are something that are constantly called to the frontlines in my routine. They help me correct eyeliner mistakes and are the perfect vehicle for applying cream to any blemish that may rear its ugly head without transferring the bacteria elsewhere. Not to mention, they help remove all that makeup at the end of the day with the help of my favorite staple eye makeup remover - Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This duo-phase potion takes off every trace of remaining makeup after I've cleansed and since its introduction into my routine, I haven't looked for anything else. It's low cost and the hardest working makeup remover I have found. These are some items that couldn't be replaced in my book, nobody does their job better than them - they really are some of the cheapest and best tricks of the trade. 

Every single morning, I wake up and brush my teeth with my Colgate Optic White Toothpaste. It is something I do as if I've been trained to do so. Technically though, we all have - thanks mom and dad! It keeps my teeth whiter than others have in the past without too much of a burning sensation and that's all I could ask for in a toothpaste really. I then hop into the shower and no matter what other products I am switching between in there, I always use my Mistral Soap. It's a beautiful soap line made according to a Provencal tradition dating back hundreds of years and is paraben and chemical free. This stuff is seriously moisturizing and the scents they offer linger post wash and are actually heavenly. The two I always have on backup are Blackberry and Almond Milk, but I also love their Rose Lychee and Balinese Vanilla - I swear you'll be addicted after just one whiff as well. Of course, the first thing I do when I get out of the shower is swipe on my Dove Clinical Protection Deodorant to keep myself dry and smelling fresh all day. In a perfect world, I would find a healthier aluminum-free alternative to this product as it's something I use everyday but I have yet to come across anything that works as well as this. I'm open to any suggestions, though, so do share one along with any other everyday staple products you wouldn't be caught dead without. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. what a lovely selection of products! All such gorgeous packaging too :) x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig