by corinne iaia

January 08, 2015

A DUPE FOR NARS DUAL-INTENSITY EYESHADOW


I'm going to admit something to you. I'm not much of a "dupe" seeker when it comes to beauty products. If I can't have the real thing, then I usually lose interest and just end up forgetting about it once the hype has blown over. Though, there's no denying it's great to find a bargain when you can, because let's face it, we beauty junkies have a tendency to spend way way way too much on makeup, skincare, or whatever the new "it" product is. But guess what guys? I accidentally found a dupe for my beloved Nars Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow and not in shade, but more importantly, in formula. I love the formula of these shadows, and of course, Nars never disappoints with their shade range either, but the chrome like multi-dimensional finish is what hooked me. 

So the story goes: a KIKO Milano store recently opened near me and I had to have a peek inside. I was mainly excited because back when I lived in Florence for school I used to shop there all the time for fun and cheap products, so I had a bit of a reminisce. I wasn't expecting to pick up much and then I came across the KIKO Long Wear Wet & Dry Use Eyeshadow (I have shade Sepia) and saw a striking resemblance to my Nars favorite. The shades are not identical (though the range is extensive), however, if you like the effect and that you can build up the intensity of the finish by using it dry or wet, then you will love these. I particularly like these ones used wet, and the shade I chose also makes for a great and effortless smokey eye come nighttime. 

For about twice the amount of shadow at a literal fraction of the price, you can't go wrong with these shadows. It's a win for everyone. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Kiko is a brand I really want to try, though we can't get it over here! Both of these shadows look gorgeous!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find! I only wish they shipped to where I'm at :(

    XoXo Shea L. ---------> kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig