by corinne iaia

January 16, 2015

FRIDAY'S MAKEUP MANTRA


"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go..." for the last time this week. I'm sure we have all had quite a draining week; maybe we're still recovering from the holiday time off? Friday morning is the toughest day (besides Monday) to get out of bed and get yourself motivated for one more day of work, and to be honest I can't be totally bothered with a lot of prep work on the makeup front. Luckily, I have found a few products that get done what needs to get done - the bags covered, skin tone evened, and eyes wide open.

Usually on Friday mornings I'll wash my face, smother it in serum and moisturizer, and then top things off with a light tint instead of a full on foundation. I have sort of rediscovered the Origins VitaZing SPF 15, which is a white fluid moisturizer that releases a very light tint when massaged into the skin. I like how this makes my skin feel refreshed and evens things out just enough for me to feel like I'm ready for the day. It by no means gives a ton of coverage, but lately my skin has been begging for moisture more than anything else and that's exactly what this product gives me. This tint, however, doesn't cut it for me in the under eye bag department come Friday morning, so I tap on some of my favorite Clarins Instant Concealer, using it for any areas where I may need extra help as well. I like how this concealer stays within the natural(ish) category and never looks cakey, it just looks like your skin, which is always a plus in my book. I follow it up with a dusting of the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in the shade N*20, because it amps up the coverage and longevity just the right amount. 

For the eyes I don't like to go too overboard, or I can get carried away with time and end up missing my train. I stick to the basics; something like the Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Ro(Cocoa), a brown eyeliner with a bit of shimmer running through. This eyeliner makes me look much more awake than I actually am, especially when I finish my eyes off with lashings of the Benefit They're Real Mascara. I used to be hooked on this mascara, and after receiving a tube as a gift for Christmas, I remember why! It's great stuff and somehow allows me to skimp on eye makeup elsewhere - it lengthens my lashes that much. Since I put such minimal effort into the rest of my makeup, a rosy lip color is essential to looking alive awake and really lends a certain freshness to things, I think. I love Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick in Field Rose, as it's moisturizing but waxy enough to last a few hours before a reapplication is needed.

What is your go-to minimal makeup? Happy Friday!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love your early morning out-the-door routine! I agree, Friday is the second hardest day to get motivated, especially when you're comfy under the warm covers.I used my Chanel Les Beiges today after months of inactivity. I forgot what a soft focus finish it leaves. Like a hint of St. Tropez? ;) My morning essentials this week have been NARS PRTM, a pop of blush, lip balm, and LOTS of L'Oreal Miss Manga. Lashes are the key to looking alive/awke! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the Nars PRTM as well (all Nars is amazing) and lip balm is so essential right now!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig