by corinne iaia

January 30, 2015

GUCCI MAGNETIC COLOR EYESHADOW MONO


When Gucci stamps their iconic logo onto something, anything, that means it's worth a look. I waited for quite a while before taking the plunge and trying out Gucci's beauty line, which was released mid-last year. I had heard particularly good things about their single eyeshadows and quads, so naturally I started with the Gucci Magnetic Color Eyeshadow Mono in a neutral taupe shade called Starlight.

I thought that this shade was a perfect place to begin testing out the product line. If Gucci can perfect their eyeshadow formula and create a perfect pale neutral for everyday, then they've got my attention. Well, unsurprisingly, just like with their stunning leather goods, they managed to crank out a pretty damn amazing shadow. The formula is pigmented and easy to blend, with a soft buttery texture that manages to stay put throughout most of the day, and all day long when aided by a primer. This shade in particular reminds me of the cult classic Pale Barley by Burberry, but updated and better. Yes, I went there. The beautiful iconic logo embossed packaging speaks for itself, and although a bit expensive ($37) for a single shadow, I think the product is worthy of the hefty price tag. I have my eye on a few other shades, and especially the Tuscan Storm palette, which includes a stunning array of neutrals. 

Have you tried anything from Gucci's line yet; thoughts?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig