by corinne iaia

January 26, 2015

HOURGLASS MODERNIST EYESHADOW PALETTE


Leave it to Hourglass to once again push the limits of the beauty world with their new Modernist Eyeshadow Palette. The newly released, fresh off the press eyeshadows are quite the visual stunners. Ever since the dawn of Urban Decay's Naked Palette, just about every brand has taken their turn churning out their own in some variation of a neutral color palette, but you can bet that Hourglass is the first to ban the pans and let the colors run wild, flowing through each other. 

Seven different color palettes have been released and each one more breathtaking than the next. I personally went for the shade Exposure which contains champagne, aubergine, bronze, black violet, and lilac - something different than the usual run of the mill nude shades. Prior to purchasing I had a few doubts about the pigmentation of this palette based on the mix of reviews it received, but I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, I think the pigmentation is on point with these shadows, as they're rich, buttery and blendable with just the right amount of shimmer to have impact. Most of all, I love how the colors are coordinated to be the new neutrals, which is what really gives this palette a tasteful and modern twist. Will you be giving this palette a go?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Yeah, the reviews Temptalia gave weren't glowing, but I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it! I think I'll wait to have a swatch before I even consider purchasing!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig