by corinne iaia

January 14, 2015

NEW IN FROM CHANEL


I owe myself a pat on the back for the amount of discipline I've had over the past few months. I've been trying to minimize the amount of makeup, and products in general, that I own and I've been doing pretty well with it. It's made me realize just how long it actually takes me to use up the items I own. But then...I couldn't say no to new Chanel. It doesn't count right? 

I think there must be some shopping ban loophole that allows a few pieces of Chanel makeup to slip through the cracks every now and again. Well, I fell under the spell and purchased two new bits from the brand, one new release and one that I've had my eye on for quite some time. After reading countless rave reviews on the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre I finally caved. I know it hasn't been in my possession all that long, but it's easily the best powder I have tried. It's like brushing a layer of invisible silk (I have shade 20 Claire) onto the skin and never leaves things looking dry, never gives the dreaded flashback when photographed, and makes makeup last all day. It's virtually undetectable and if you're a powder hater, you may want to mull things over and give this a try. 

The other item I picked up is the Chanel Joues Contraste in Angelique, which is a shade that was launched as a part of the spring collection. I saw Lisa Eldridge use this blush in a video she filmed on the Chanel website and instantly fell in love. Quelle surprise! The peachy pink shade is instantly uplifting and looks great paired with a lipstick of similar color for a fresh effect that has me feeling ready for spring. Plus, I seem to have forgotten just how beautiful the texture of these blushes are, they practically melt into the skin. As if I needed another reason to buy more blush - or Chanel. 

Chanel, you've gone and dunnit again. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What gorgeous products! I swear Chanel anything is just pure luxury - probably why I don't own anything from them yet haha! Both of these sound divine, the setting powder just sounds so silky and amazing!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig