by corinne iaia

January 02, 2015

ON MY FACE, SOMETHING DIFFERENT


While I must admit to owning a fair amount of makeup, I tend to create a similar look out of my products on a daily basis. I love a bold lip, but for my everyday routine, that's just not that realistic of a look. I am not quite brave enough to stroll into my office donning a hot pink pucker so I usually stick with something pretty neutral that involves minimal thought, or touchups, for that matter. Since I've had a few extra days off for the holidays, though, I have been playing around a bit more with makeup and there is one look in particular that I have been loving lately. It involves very minimal makeup on the skin, a thin swipe of liner on the lids, and a bold wine stained lip. 

This is a really easy look to create, and what I like the best about it is that it looks like you put some form of effort in, but still didn't go overboard with makeup. I start off by using the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint, because it's super light and undetectable but still manages to even out the tone and texture. If I'm wearing a bold lip I also don't like my face makeup to look too heavy, as I think it tends to make me look older, so this product really does the trick for my base. I then go in with a bit of the Clarins Instant Concealer to touch up my under eye area and around my nose; pretty much anywhere I need a bit of extra help. I've come to love this spot concealing method as it creates a perfect canvas without the "cake face" factor. Once the base is settled, I dust a small amount of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light 01 across my t-zone for some staying power, and tap a bit of the Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere along my cheekbones and the inner corners of my eyes. I think the highlighter step in this look is important because it keeps things from looking too flat. I can't go without a sweep of my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure because it's the perfect neutral shade with an uplifting effect. 

I took care of the eyes by using my Nars Eye Paint in Baalbek in the place of my usual black eyeliner. I really like the multi-tonal effect that this gives, especially when used as en eyeliner. It's a dark, almost black brown with tiny gold glitter particles suspended in it, which adds a nice touch. The brow situation is sorted thanks to scribbling my good old Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brunette, and please excuse my current brow situation - they definitely need a good fixing soon! Lastly, the star of the show here was my MAC Lipstick in Rebel, a firm favorite for it's ability to be built up to an uber dark, almost goth lip, or be worn as more of a subtle stain. I opted for a sort of in-between look, not a flat stain, but not the full on effect that this color can have either. Would you try this look?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig