by corinne iaia

February 25, 2015

A DRUGSTORE DUPE FOR MY FAVORITE CONCEALER?


You can find me rambling on about base products quite often around these parts, and if you too are a product junkie, I'm sure you are on the same never ending quest to find the perfect concealer that I am. While I'll admit I have been a fan of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer since it's release, and always have a tube on backup, I still didn't love it for the under-eye area quite like I loved it for covering blemishes. 

Enter the Clarins Instant Concealer, which I discovered some time last year, and fell in love. It's much more fluid and emollient in texture compared to the Nars, which can be quite drying under the eyes, but this one doesn't settle into fine lines, thanks to the high water content it contains. It gives a medium coverage that can be built up easily without looking overdone, or becoming ashy and separating, which is perfect for hiding a sleepless night. The concealer settles down to a silky-smooth finish and the added caffeine lends a hit of puff-reducing freshness to the area. I don't know any other way to describe how I feel about this product besides, well, love

A few weeks back, I was away for the weekend, and somehow managed to leave my prized tube of concealer behind. How could I? Off I ran to the local drugstore and I left with a tube of the Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer, unsure of how it would fare in place of the Clarins. To my surprise, and a pleasant one at that, I found that this budget concealer was a close runner up to my much pricier favorite. Mind you, the shade I picked up is a tad too light for my skin tone, but the product's performance is actually pretty great. Similar to the Clarins, it's a medium coverage concealer with a creamy texture, maybe a bit less fluid, but nonetheless, the texture blends easily under my eyes (which can be dry at times) concealing puffiness and my light to moderate dark circles without becoming dry or cakey. My one tip is to be careful choosing a shade, as these run lighter than they appear on the outside of the tube, but other than that - apply sparingly and you'll be fooling everyone into thinking you've in fact had a week's worth of great sleep. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig