by corinne iaia

February 14, 2015

FRESH AND MINIMAL VALENTINE'S DAY MAKEUP


Chances are if you're going to be doing anything special tonight, you have no idea what you're going to wear let alone what makeup look you'll be going for. Am I right? While today is as good a day as any to wear a punchy lip color and fake eyelashes, it's also a good day to actually look like yourself, just enhanced. I know that my boyfriend doesn't appreciate when I overdo it in the makeup department, and I'm sure he's not the only guy out there who feels that way. So instead of caking it on, why not trick him into thinking you're barely wearing any with a few strategically applied products for a naturally pretty look?  

A good trick to avoid overdoing the foundation is to go in first with a tone evening primer, like the Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base. This way, you're already starting out with a more perfected skin and lit-from within glow and can go from there with applying the rest of your base makeup. In keeping with the minimal and natural theme I like to use something light like the Chanel Les Beiges Fluid Belle Mine which creates a skin-like texture that's practically undetectable. I also like how this adds a bit of a post-holiday glow to the skin, eliminating the need for bronzer later on. 

I like to use as little powder product as possible so that there are no obvious traces of makeup on the skin, so I skip a dusting on the t-zone and just use the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade as a highlighter. This is great for a subtle highlight because it's made to be used all over the face which means it's very finely milled. For cheeks I think a petal pink is super fresh and youth inducing, making the Clinique Cheek Pop a great option. I use the shade Plum Pop, but most of all I love the bouncy gel/powder texture of these because it really brings out a nice healthy glow. For the eyes I think keeping them simple is sometimes best, so something like the Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Kalahari, which is a burnished taupe combo, is perfect for the right amount of enhancing. I then smother my lashes in mascara and brush up my brows with some clear brow gel. I'm really liking the B Brow Bar Clear Eyebrow Gel lately; it's got great hold but never leaves residue or looks crispy - a huge no no! 

Last but not least, for those of us opting for a moisturized and natural lip, the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks are one of my favorite formulas. I think for tonight I'll be using the shade Evasion which is a smooth nude that makes lips look slightly bigger than they actually are. Don't forget a spritz of something warm and sexy - one of my all time favorite perfumes is the Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. With all the snow coming down here in the Northeast though, looks like I may have a last minute change of plans and opt for a night in! No matter what you're plans are for tonight, have a Happy Valentine's Day! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig