by corinne iaia

February 28, 2015

NEW IN FROM BAREMINERALS


If you'd asked me about 5 years ago what my go-to base product was, I'd have automatically responded Bare Minerals. As I got older I ventured away from using powder foundations, mostly because my skin was changing and becoming drier, which meant heavier mineral makeup and my skin no longer got along. Even though I no longer used the products, it's safe to say my love for Bare Minerals goes way back, which is why I was intrigued when I caught wind they were releasing a new base, Complexion Rescue

We can all use a bit of rescuing when it comes to our complexions, really. I'm a big fan of the natural looking, skincare-infused bases that have been coming out recently, and this definitely follows suit. This "tinted hydrating gel cream" contains a hefty SPF 30, making it great for daily wear, especially for the warmer months up ahead. In terms of application, it goes on almost like a gel moisturizer and seems to fuse with the natural skin texture, instead of sitting on top like a mask. It gives a light to medium coverage, and I'd say it's more a sheer wash of perfecting tint than anything else. If you're looking for a foundation to cover up a lot of pigmentation or blemishes, this probably isn't going to be it. 

I am really pleased with how well the product wears over the course of the day. I believe the fact that it's gel-based makes it great for a variety of skin textures from dry to combination. It's supposed to increase the hydration levels of the skin by upwards of 200% after just one week of use, meaning it's not going to appear cakey on dry-skinned girls. On my skin it's quite balancing, leaving things feeling very natural and soft, as if I'm only wearing a moisturizer. I've been using the Smoothing Face Brush to apply this product and am loving the way it buffs any excess so seamlessly into the skin. These two really go hand-in-hand when it comes to creating a flawless, everyday appropriate makeup. 

Keeping with the theme of fresh and youthful, and the almost beachy vibe that these products give, I also picked up the Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in Rose Passion. These are super moisturizing tinted balms that are highly pigmented and give a fresh pop of color to the lips. I love any and all moisturizing tinted lip products, so these are perfect for a quick little dose of color at any time. The rosy stain that this shade leaves behind once all the oil has absorbed into the lips makes for such an effortlessly pretty look. 

What do you think? Will you be trying any of the new Bare Minerals releases?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Bare Minerals is really a brand I need to try! All of their products sound amazing, and they are pretty reasonably priced over here! The Complexion Rescue sounds so great, I love lightweight bases for everyday.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have great products and are much more reasonably priced than some other brands :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig