by corinne iaia

February 26, 2015

TRANSITIONAL HUES OF BLUE


I love blue nail polishes for any time of the year; they've always been some of my favorite to wear no matter the occasion. But after a month long hiatus from painted nails (I got lazy, what can I say?), it's now almost March which means spring is just around the corner. Where I'm from, it's still, ehem, a bit difficult to imagine that a happier season is upon us with all the snow refusing to melt off the ground. To me, blue nails are a great way to transition from the moody winter weather into spring before we slap on the brights, and there are so many great shades to choose from, making it easy to find one that suits you. 

When it comes to blues, I tend to gravitate toward the gray based shades, which make them less tween-like and a bit more sophisticated, and toward the shades that lean violet, which seems to flatters so many skin tones and nail shapes. My favorite winter to spring transitional shades definitely lie on the subtle end of the blue spectrum, which is what makes them more everyday appropriate. I'm currently wearing Essie Petal Pushers, the stone blue shade shown on the bottom right that's new for Spring 2015. Can you tell I'm a fan of Essie's blue polishes? Maybe...

My other most-worn blues, clockwise from top left: Essie Bikini So Teeny, Essie Boxer Shorts, Deborah Lippmann Blue Orchid, and Essie Parka Perfect

What are your favorite blue nail polish shades for early spring?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I really like grey based shades too :) Makes me feel sophisticated :)

    http://ellabellaslifebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shades, I think blues are my favourite colour to wear too. Bikini So Tenny is one of my personal favourites along with Borrowed & Blue ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig