by corinne iaia

February 02, 2015

WANT A GLOWING COMPLEXION IN MID-WINTER?


I know I do. It's been a bit of a challenge to obtain hydrated and glowing skin conditions due to the Alaskan-like temperatures we're currently experiencing in the Northeast. It's the time of the year when I'd really appreciate a teleportation to a tropical beach; waves crashing, palm trees swaying in a warm breeze, with a strawberry daiquiri in my hand. That would certainly be one way to achieve that well-rested glow I'm coveting, but all the dreaming in the world won't make that happen, so I have an edited selection of products that will.  

Right out of the shower (morning, or night) is the prime time to apply a face cream to really seal in hydration, so that's precisely when I slather some of the Santa Maria Novella Crema Calendula onto my skin. This cream is rich and soothing, the perfect fix for chapped winter skin, and unlike some it sinks in like a dream, banishing redness in its path. If you have oily skin you might want to skip this next step, but at night I always apply a drop of oil by pressing it into my skin to lock in my moisturizer. Right now my oil of choice is the Caudalie Polyphenol Overnight Detox Oil, which is great because it's a dryer oil (oxymoron alert!) that plumps skin and doesn't leave any residue. 

When it comes to makeup application, the key is to apply multiple thin layers of product, building up to your desired coverage so as not to go overboard or end up with that caked-on effect. I like to apply the Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel as a base before my foundation. It's a great light-infusing primer that evens out the skin before any tinted product goes on, eliminating the need for excessive makeup. I tend to reach for a foundation that's lightweight and fluid for an extra natural finish, and that's exactly what the By Terry Sheer Expert gives me. I love the way that By Terry's products always feel as if they've incorporated skincare ingredients so that you don't feel that you're just masking your skin, but treating it as well. To get an uber-even finish and to make a small amount of product go further, I use the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush for application. In place of an obvious highlighter that may cling to dry patches, the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer has been put to work, for a subtle but effective glow. 

This combination of products have been working great for me, keeping dull winter skin at bay. What are your go-to products for combatting this moisture-sucking weather?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig