by corinne iaia

March 05, 2015

ACAI BOWLS FOR BREAKFAST


In an effort to whip myself back into shape in time for the approaching warmer months, I've been munching on different variations of smoothies and smoothie bowls in place of my usual breakfast, lunch, or snack. I'm sure you've all heard mention of the term "nice cream" before; a yummy banana or frozen fruit-based healthy alternative to ice cream. Well, this is just like that, but a more antioxidant-rich version made from the Brazilian superfood, acai berry. 

These bowls are so tasty that you'll feel like you're having a treat first thing in the morning, the only difference is this is the guilt-free kind. What's even better about these is that you can make them any way you like; topped with fruit and nuts, with granola and coconut, and pretty much anything in between. There are tons of recipes out there, but I've found a way to make these delicious tropical treats quickly enough to enjoy regularly (and trust me, you're going to want to). Here's how I do it....
ACAI SMOOTHIE BOWL: (Makes 2 Servings) 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 2 Sambazon Acai Berry Superfruit Packs Original Blend, 2 Frozen Bananas.
TOPPING: (For 2 Bowls) 2 TBSP Raw coconut flakes, 1/2 cup granola (any kind you like, mine's homemade), 1 TBSP Chia Seeds, 3 Squares chopped dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher).

Pour the almond milk into a blender and add the acai packs one by one until blended. Don't try to do both at once as your blender may jam. Once smooth, add bananas in similar fashion until blended as well. Don't over-blend the mixture or you'll lose the thick and creamy texture we're aiming for. Next, pour the mixture into a bowl and add the toppings mentioned above, in any order you prefer, or mixed all together. Keep in mind that you can also get creative here, add fruit or nuts to your liking, the above is just the topping I used here. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it helps satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way as it did mine. I'd love to hear if you try it out and like it, tag me on Instagram, or comment this post. Bon appĂ©tit. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig