by corinne iaia

March 10, 2015

BEST OF BASES: EVERYDAY FAVORITES


I'm continuing on in my "Best of Bases" mini-series here, seeing as my previous post, the Light & Natural edition, is one of the most viewed posts on my blog. I've also tried quite a few new bases in recent months and some of them are now serious contenders for the top spots in the category. That is, if they were competing for residency on my face. Foundations are always something I'm drawn to trying out because in terms of makeup, what's more important than flawless skin? Here is a roundup of my current everyday favorites, who they're best suited for, and why I can't get enough of them.

FOR THE FOUNDATION HATERS:

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue (full review here) // This is one of the more unique formulas that I've come across in my recent trials, and it's definitely a good one. If you are the type of person who hates regular, medium-full coverage foundations, but would like a fresh and even complexion with a hit of SPF, this one's for you. Your natural skin will be showing through this, so you can spot conceal as needed. It's a gel-cream hybrid that refreshes and plumps the skin up but dries down to the texture of your natural skin, which I really appreciate. Also a great tinted moisturizer substitute for oily skinned girls thanks to the gel base.

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation // Are you sick of me gushing over CT yet? I love her products, but there have been an obvious few standouts, and to me and this skin perfecting veil is one of the biggest hits. It's light, very fluid, and brings a radiance to the skin without shimmer or shine, which is a must for me. If you're in search of a foundation that's one step up in coverage from a tinted moisturizer with better longevity, you need to try this.

FOR DRY SKINNED GIRLS:

DiorSkin Star Fluid Foundation (full review here) // This is the foundation I always reach for when I'm battling dry skin. Right now,  the shade I have is a tad dark for my wintery-white complexion, but other than that I still think it's a beauty. It's not as high in coverage as you would expect it to be, but I personally think that's what makes it great for dry skin. It blurs out imperfections and gives skin that lit-from-within glow, with a bouncy and fresh feel, and sets to a satiny finish.

FOR OILY SKINNED GIRLS:

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (full review here) // A recent release and a great product for those of you looking to achieve a full coverage with a lightweight formula. Like I mentioned in my full review, dry-skinned girls be warned; you're better off to steer clear of this one, as it does have a tendency to cling to dry patches. For my combination skin, however, this is a pretty awesome foundation. It's ultra fluid and serum-like in consistency, but once it sets down it locks in and won't budge, which is definitely a plus if you'd like your base to stay put all day. My advice is to work in sections with this in order to allow more time for blending before it sets down. I love how with this I can use the tiniest amount to create a smooth and perfect skin.

BEST ALL-ROUNDER:

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation // I haven't reviewed this one on its own yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't been loving it lately. The shade range is amazing and the color 213 matches the olive undertones in my skin perfectly, which can be hard to find in a lot of foundations. The finish is also seamless and undetectable; it reminds me of a more everyday-friendly version of the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, which is another favorite of mine. It's non-greasy, yet moisturizing and has the ability to help fake flawless skin in a more natural and dewy way than most. What makes it a great pick for anyone is that it can either be worn very sheer and only on the areas needed, or it can be built up to achieve the desired level of coverage. Score
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Call me a super dork, but I totally would have titled this post "Ace of Bases" -- lol.

    The Star Fluid sounds like a consistency I'd prefer, but typically I use a BB cream from tarte which is similar (lighter coverage but does well blurring imperfections while allowing skin to breathe). Do they offer the Star Fluid with an SPF version as well?

    Lisa | THINK LIKE A BOSS LADY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute post title! The Dior Star does include an SPF of 30! I think it's a great one :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig