by corinne iaia

March 13, 2015

DAYTIME SMOKEY EYE USING THE HOURGLASS MODERNIST EYESHADOW PALETTE


You've seen it reviewed here and now I'm putting it into action for you. I've been using the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Exposure a lot lately to put a spin on my everyday eye makeup. That's right, I'm using purple shadows in place of my usual taupes, beiges, and browns if you can imagine. Very unlike me, but I've been loving the subtle difference it makes to my makeup and the buttery texture of the shadows ensure a smooth application. 

For the face I used the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in the shade 3 and the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla to cover up bags and blemishes. I set everything with a dusting of the Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder just to keep it simple and daytime appropriate - nothing too shimmery. For a bit of color that doesn't compete with the rest of the face I love the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade Natural Beauty, so that's what I used here. I also tapped a tiny bit of the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight across the tops of my cheeks for some definition and glow. 

On the lips I used a bit of Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pink Venus to outline and topped it with her Lip Luster in Portobello Girl. I know, this stuff again right? Sue me, it's the perfect pink combination for my dry winter lips. I promise I'll use something different next, spring is just around the corner after all. 

Now for the part where I don't use the same products I always do. I am adventurous, see? I started the eyes by packing the lightest shade (leftmost) in the palette all over my lids and up to the crease. I then took a bit of the taupey purple shade (middle) and swept it from the outer corner toward the middle, blending the two together before adding the deep violet shade (second from left) to the outer "v". I took a fluffy crease brush and gave the shadows all a nice buffing for a diffused effect, which I like better for a daytime look. Of course, winged liner was necessary here and for that I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and topped off my lashes with coats and coats of mascara. 

What do you think of this "new neutral" take on a daytime eye?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love this look! Dying to try the Hourglass shadows but I think you look great with purple...

    <3 Leanne

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig