by corinne iaia

March 14, 2015

DRUGSTORE MASCARA FAVORITES


While I'm completely guilty of high-end beauty loving, mascaras have always been something I don't splurge on quite as often. I'm the type of girl who likes to have many mascaras on rotation at once and I've never really found higher-end formulas to be more effective. I tend to go to the drugstore and leave with whatever looks most intriguing to me at the time, whether it's the newest release with the funky brush, or promises of "100 times" amplified lashes. You know the ones. After years of testing the mascara waters, here are the top four that currently float my boat. 
  1. L'Oreal Voluminous Original // This is a classic mascara that I always rely on when I want that soft and natural looking lashes. A "no mascara, mascara" of sorts. It's also great because even the non-waterproof formula actually holds a curl - life-saving stuff I tell you. 
  2. L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga // The name really does suit the product. This mascara makes the lashes look cartoon like and I love using it for those long, spidery, night-out appropriate lashes. 
  3. Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express // This is a fibrous formula that attaches teeny-tiny lash extensions to the ends of your natural set for a bit of extra length. I like that this is so lengthening and multiplying that it'll open your eyes to lashes that you never knew you had. Even better is that it never gets clumpy or crumbly, like some fiber mascaras tend to do. 
  4. Maybelline Lash Sensational // The newest of the bunch and the one I'm wearing in the photo above. This stuff is really awesome at separating and curling the lashes and giving you doll-like lashes. I've heard word that it's also a great dupe for the new Benefit Roller Lash, with a very similarly shaped brush and curling effect. 
What are your favorite drugstore mascara formulas?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig