by corinne iaia

March 31, 2015

MARCH FAVORITES


This month has flown by, quite possibly due to the fact that, for me, March can be an exciting one. It's my birthday month as well as the beginning of Spring, although you'd never know it here in the Northeast. It's also been a month during which I've encountered a fair few new beauty products, making it extra difficult to narrow it down to just a my pared-down favorites. Of course, I chose products that I grabbed nonstop throughout the month that have landed a permanent place in my routine, for now at least. Talk about beauty addict problems.

A standout new base product made it's way into my life; the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream, full review here. The name is a bit of a confusing one, but it's something that's completely worth a try. The light but diffusing coverage makes you feel like you're wearing nothing at all and really allows the skin to breathe. This is something I'm keeping in my arsenal and definitely know I'll keep reaching for it through the Summer months, as it also boasts a hefty dose of SPF, yet doesn't make me look oily. I also fell back in love with an old favorite blush, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. I'm wondering why I ever let this beauty fall by the wayside, as it really is the perfect neutral hue to complement any makeup look. The long lasting and easy to layer formula of these blushes will always hold a place in my heart in general. 

This month I finally put my YSL Volupté Tint-In-Oil in Cherry My Cherie to good use and really enjoyed the moisturizing oil as well as the stain aftermath. I wore a lot of neutral makeup during March (surprise!), so this sheer cherry stained lip added just the perfect amount of color for a daytime look. As for brows, I ran out of my usual brow gel and picked up the L'Oréal Brow Stylist Plumper as a quick replacement, and I won't be turning back. This clear brow gel has given my brows the extra hold they long for without the dreaded crunchy effect. 

In case you haven't heard from literally every other beauty blogger out there, there's a new white nail polish in town. NAILS INC. The New White in Whitehall has been gracing my tips since its purchase and I am loving the creamy non-whiteout white look that this polish has. I'm hoping to pick up the other shades as well now that I know how much I love this reinvented neutral. 

I'm also currently crushing hard on a perfume; there's nothing quite like the Byredo Parfums Gypsy Water in my book. I've tried a few new perfumes as well this month that I'm loving (more on that soon), but there's something so deliciously addictive about Gypsy Water - it must be the mixture of lemon, bergamot, pink pepper, berries, incense, juniper, amber, pine needles, vanilla and sandalwood. Fewf! It's warm and refreshing all at once and makes me feel like a free spirit woods-dweller with long cascading waves and flowers in her hair. A girl can dream, right? 

What beauty products did you love in March?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig