by corinne iaia

March 11, 2015

NARS DUAL-INTENSITY BLUSH


A blush worthy of an entire post, this one is. It's okay, just take a five and stare...

So anyway, back to business. I always have a hard time steering clear of a purchase where new blush releases are involved. It's something about the pink tones and pretty packaging that seem to get the best of me every time. However, having loved the Nars Dual-Intensity Eyeshadows that were released awhile back I was even more keen on giving these blush duos a go. The shade that called out to me most was Fervor, a pretty mix of plum and warm bubblegum pink, of course. Just like the eyeshadows, these blushes are made to be used either damp, for a sheer watercolor-like color, or dry, for a stronger flush. 

I like the idea that the color can really be tailored to suit the intensity level that you prefer. Personally, I wear my blush on the more natural side of the spectrum, so I've been spraying my brush with a bit of rosewater and swirling it through the two shades to create a perfectly balanced, fresh cheek. Though I will say, the shade I picked up really never seems that intense, even when I use my brush dry. The pigment doesn't pick up as easily with these as it did with the eyeshadows, which is what I was hoping for - those had such a beautiful multi-faceted effect. 

I've been using this for about a week and I do really like that it doesn't ever compete with the rest of my makeup and has pretty good staying power. In my opinion, the Nars Dual-Intensity Blush gives a much more transparent and illuminated look than the original Nars blushes do. 

This video here is really great if you'd like to see the different effect the blushes give when applied wet, versus when applied dry. I played around with my technique a bit before figuring out how I like to apply the blush best, and it made all the difference. 

What's your take on this new release from Nars?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I need this in my life x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig