by corinne iaia

March 20, 2015

NEW IN: FOUR FROM SEPHORA

If there's anything that you need to know about me, it's that I can't stay away from Sephora when it comes to shopping. In passing I feel like I'm powerless against the warm embrace of the store that is beauty-junkie heaven. I guess you could say it's some sort of makeup therapy and every time I go in I leave spending much more than intended with a bagful of goodies. Not that I'm complaining...

Per usual, I went into the store with the sole purpose of repurchasing one item - the Dior Addict Lipstick in Singuliere. It's one of my favorite moisturizing sheer lipstick formulas in a beautiful bubblegum pink color, which I had ran out of at the end of last Summer. No, I didn't need another lipstick, but I do love having more everyday appropriate options when it comes to warm weather brights. 

Unsurprisingly, I then got a bit sidetracked by the new release section, drawn in like a moth to a flame. As my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is on its last legs, I decided I *needed* to try out the new Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer as a replacement. I've only used it a few times so far, but I'm pretty sure it's slightly lighter weight with more coverage than the Nars - yes, really. If you've been shopping lately, you'll have noticed it seems as if contouring has blown up, with just about every major brand throwing their hat in the ring with new releases. I was immediately taken by the shimmer free sticks in the Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio, especially because the shades seemed a bit lighter and less orange than the other cream offerings available. I'm excited to give the whole cream contouring thing a go because I tend to lighten up on powder products come Summer. 

Deciding to cover off on all bases I headed directly for the skincare section, in particular the eye products. I have been using the Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment for some time now, and while I love it's moisturizing properties for night time, I find it to be a bit greasy for morning use. I spotted the Ole Henricksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel Roll On and knew it would be great for a quick de-puff prior to makeup application. I love eye gels with metal tips, as they tend to work quickly thanks to their ability to cool and soothe. I've already become addicted to this blue gel - it's found a permanent home in my morning routine and layers great under makeup. 

Have you picked up any new products lately?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Definitely need to try the Nars concealer!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I may have to try the Urban Decay Concealer, I do love my Nars one but like yours mines on it's last legs too and I;m always up for trying new ones ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig