by corinne iaia

March 25, 2015

NEW IN: TOO FACED PRIMED AND PORELESS PRESSED POWDER

Back when I first got into makeup, one of my favorite brands was undoubtedly Too Faced. I think any young girl would look longingly at their pink packaging and leopard print bronzers and want to have it all, but over the past few years my interest has mostly subsided. I think that now it's the confusing prints and over the top packaging that actually puts me off, but every now and again I hear talk of one of their products and the child in me can't help but wonder about it. 

I'm having a bit of a moment with makeup setting powders lately. Although it's hard to find one that doesn't either change the color of your foundation or look cakey, I think it's safe to say the kill is worth the hunt in this situation. I'd heard talk of the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder previously, but when on a recent beauty shopping trip it was recommended to me again, I knew I had to try it for myself. 

The powder inside is so finely milled that it can be used either under foundation as a primer, over foundation for an airbrushed soft-focus finish, or both. I have to say I'm not particularly sold on it being used before liquid foundation, only because it creates a barrier that's too smooth to help the product adhere to the skin. However, I've been using it to set foundation, and the colorless matte powder creates the most poreless finish I've ever encountered. It only requires the smallest amount as well; one brushstroke creates a flawless look, which also must be why no buildup settles into fine lines or around the nose area. 

I even wore this on bare skin overtop only a bit of concealer on under eye circles and blemishes, and it made my skin look soft and perfected. In a way this powder is like a filter for skin in real life, as it blurs imperfections in harsh light without a single trace of color or shimmer. I think it's safe to say that even on "no makeup days" this powder is going to be very close by my side.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This sounds amazing, and exactly what I'm looking for in terms of a powder! I'm definitely adding this to my wishlist. Great review, thanks for sharing x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm happy to help you find what you're looking for :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! I've never actually tried anything from Too Faced (shamefully!), but this is definitely on my list now! Great review :) x

    Rhianna | robowecop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't in so long either, but glad I did! :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  3. This powder has been on my curiosities list for some time now. A powerless finish? Who doesn't need that?! Definitely giving this a try the next time I'm at Sephora. Thanks, Corinne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Hope you like it if you pick it up :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig