by corinne iaia

March 26, 2015

SMASHBOX STEP-BY-STEP CONTOUR STICK TRIO

Contouring is quite a hot topic lately in the beauty world. I've posted many times about it myself, having even gotten into subtle contouring on a regular basis as a part of my makeup routine. Of course, I like contour of the super quick and subtle variety, no face shape changing stuff over here! I'll try anything that's quick and blendable, that gives me cheekbones and highlights my favorite features. The Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio is like the contouring set for dummies

The shimmer free (thank you, Smashbox!) trio contains three shades; the contour sculpts by adding shadows to the areas you want to recede, the highlight brings features forward, and the bronze creates a smooth transition between shades. The trio was developed to mimic the effect that good lighting has on the face, and makes it super easy to add depth and dimension to enhance features. 

I have to say I'm a fan of the creamy stick formulas, they have a much more workable texture that I think is great for beginners, or those just looking to add slight definition. These will definitely be my contour of choice when it comes to warmer weather sculpting, as I tend to lighten up on the powder products a bit and prefer a more natural look. I can also really appreciate the inclusion of the transitional bronze shade, as sometimes contour products leave stark lines that need tons of blending work. For a lazy girl like me, that's a total deal breaker. This kit kind of does it all for you; a few quick scribbles covers your bronzing, concealing and contour in one.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig