by corinne iaia

March 28, 2015

TULA SKINCARE

When it comes to skincare I like mine to be fuss free and effective. But as I get older, I've become more conscious of the products I use and you can be sure I'm always "ingredient checking" my skincare, just as I do my food. Unfortunately, in my experience it can be somewhat difficult to find paraben-free products that work as well as some of my less safe skincare do. I don't want to have to sacrifice my health for beauty, so I'm constantly on the hunt for cleaner alternatives to my cleanser, serum, and moisturizers. 

Enter Tula, a skincare line launched in Fall 2014 exclusively on QVC.com, developed by Dr. Roshini Raj, a gastroenterologist who believes in the power of living a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Tula is the Sanskrit word for balance, and as such the brand's focus is centered around probiotic technology and a proprietary blend of ingredients that are good not only for your body internally, but also externally. You better believe that I was eager to get started on the Tula regimen, in hopes of falling in love with these good-for-your-skin products that are free from all the nasties!

I have tried my fair share of cleansers, yet not that many have made it past the point of testing and onto another bottle. For me an ideal cleanser will take off my makeup quickly without burning my sensitive eyes and won't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. The Purifying Face Cleanser has all that down and foams up gently, but just enough to remove all of my eye makeup. I find it to be a perfect balance between a gel and cream cleanser as it's super softening and moisturizes my skin, but also takes away the excess grease.

The Illuminating Face Serum makes for an immediate dose of radiance right after cleansing and leaves things feeling fresh and energized. I noticed that this serum has the tiniest bit of luminosity to it as well, so once it sinks in, the skin is left with a really subtle glow. I've been using this for about two weeks as well and already notice that it has lightened any pigmentation and evened out my skin tone overall.

I'm quite picky as far as moisturizers go; I have combination skin that's both extreme ends of the spectrum all at once, so I need hydration that isn't greasy and absorbs completely. The Hydrating Day and Night Cream has really impressed me so far. I love how it has helped to really streamline my routine, as it's very nourishing but sinks into my skin almost immediately after it's been applied which means it can be used at night, or in the morning before makeup. It leaves a smooth and plump feeling to my skin that makes it an excellent primer for my makeup - so much so that I've actually been skipping the stuff!

Of course, applying an eye cream is equally as important as a face cream, considering how delicate the eye area is. I struggle to find one that doesn't create too much slip to use under my concealer for daytime, but the Revitalizing Eye Cream creates a soft and smooth base for applying product. I'll admit, at first I was a bit nervous to try this considering I am sensitive and it has a slight fragrance, but it didn't aggravate my eyes in the least, giving it a big thumbs up from me.

Overall, I've been enjoying incorporating each one of these products into my routine, with the standout being the Illuminating Face Serum. I think that they provide a really great cohesive skincare system that cut down the amount of products needed, and as a bonus, are free from any harsh ingredients. Deep down, it's simple - anything my skin loves, I love

*PR Samples, All opinions are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig