by corinne iaia

March 02, 2015

TWO NEW CONCEALERS I'M LOVING

New to me, that is. As you know, I'm on a never-ending hunt for the perfect do-it-all concealer, and while I already have some serious contenders, there is room for improvement in ease of application. That's where click-pen concealers come into play and work their magic. They're great for a variety of purposes like highlighting, brightening up dark circles, and spot concealing. I especially love using them because the product inside tends to be super lightweight, and the pen-like applicator takes the guesswork out of dispensing product and deciding which brush to use for application. 

The Clinique Airbrush Concealer was a Lisa Eldridge-induced purchase that I've been looking to get my hands on for quite some time now. Seeing how little product she uses to hide dark circles effectively when using this pen had me quite intrigued, and I'm loving it even more than I had imagined. No, this isn't for covering the darkest circles ever, but it does an amazing job of bringing light to the area and therefore covering shadows. I also love that the thin texture means it's not going to be settling into any fine lines or creasing halfway through the day. It looks fresh, and skin-like which is a must for everyday use and is especially great to keep in your handbag for touch-ups. 

The Ellis Faas Concealer is another pen concealer, housed in a sleek and heavy bullet shaped casing. Gotta give credit to good packaging. The product inside is a bit heavier than the former, but with that, it's also incredibly long lasting. It's gives impressively high coverage, so the smallest amount does the job properly. What I love the most about this is the texture; a satin-cream that doesn't crease whatsoever and becomes like a second skin. My only qualm with this is that the shade range is a bit confusing, but I lucked out in my choice of S202, so it covers bags and blemishes with ease. This is a true skin-colored concealer, not a highlighting pen, which makes it great for hiding imperfections, or in place of foundation on one of those "good skin days."
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig