by corinne iaia

April 09, 2015

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE DO SURF HAIR


I've always envied the beach babe types who never seem to have to style their hair, yet they always have those tousled care free waves. It's the perfectly imperfect look that has a Cali meets Paris vibe to it; a certain je nais se quoi combined with that just out of the ocean texture. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those lucky enough to be born by the seashore, or in Paris, so I'll take all the help I can get to mimic the style of those who were. If anyone knows how to fake that surf girl hair it's Bumble and Bumble. I've been a longtime user of their Surf Spray, but recently I've been relying on the rest of their Surf line to give me the waves I lust after. 

I've been starting out the styling process by prepping in the shower with the Surf Foam Wash Shampoo to cleanse and following with the Surf Creme Rinse Conditioner to nourish my hair. I've never been one to get excited over a shampoo because I've found many of them rear the same results, but these have changed my mind completely. Not only do they smell amazing, but they really help remove all the grit from my hair left behind by styling products so that there's nothing weighing it down. The combination of these two really help to give my hair extra body while enhancing any natural kinks that I do have - exactly what I need to achieve a tousled beachy look. 

While my hair is still damp I spray in some of the Surf Infusion, an bi-phase oil infused salt spray which really helps nourish my hair and adds more of a natural wave while I let it air dry. The blend of tropical oils and sea botanicals really help to condition my hair but still give me the same breezy beach texture that I'm after. As someone with super thick hair, I really benefit from the extra bit of moisture as it definitely helps to tame any stubborn frizz trying to overtake my wavy texture. 

Once it's dried I like to add a bit of extra definition to the front pieces with a curling iron, as it really frames the face nicely. I typically don't touch the rest of my hair and let it do its thing for more of a relaxed look, and finish it off with a bit of Surf Spray. For me, this step is essential in giving my waves that extra bit of hold and also mattifies, making things look windswept and sun-dried. 

I'll definitely never wake up with hair like Gisele, but these products are definitely giving me reason to embrace my natural texture and helping me to achieve beach girl hair - miles from the beach.

*PR Samples, All opinions are my own.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What I would do for Giseles hair as well, but this range sounds like a good alternative!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig