by corinne iaia

April 21, 2015

CHANEL CC CREAM: MY NEW BASE LOVE


Although I speak about base loves quite frequently, it's not as often I dedicate an entire post to my love for just one. I'm not talking about a regular review, I mean a base rave. If you've tried them, you'll know Chanel always churns out some good ones, so when they released a new CC Cream I knew it could potentially become a favorite. Lucky for me I assumed correctly and now have found my perfect Spring and Summer skin corrector.

Last Summer, I loved the Les Beiges All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid, but in my opinion this one is even better than that. It's a closer color match to my skin, even though I'm the same shade in both (20 Beige), the CC offering is a bit lighter. It's also got much better coverage, while maintaining the glow factor and allowing skin to breathe. 

The CC Cream sits in the skincare range of Chanel's product offering, and is considered a makeup/skincare hybrid with complete correction face care. With this, I'm even able to skip my morning moisturizer as it acts as an all-in-one skin corrector, and with a whopper of an SPF Factor (50!) I don't need any additional sun protection either. It leaves my skin feeling healthy and comfortable, and although I have combination skin I don't find it to be greasy at all, just skin-like. 

On me, it lasts really well for a CC Cream, but if you're more oily you may want to powder your t-zone to ensure it lasts through a long day. To me it screams Summer skin, making things look as though you've just been out in the fresh air and under the sun. I especially love the packaging (as expected from Chanel) because it's small and compact enough for handbags and perfect for travel. I definitely see myself bringing this with me on my upcoming trip and wearing it through Summer!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. There's been much talk about this one lately. I really love Chanels bases with the exception of one (discontinued now) so I think I'll have to pick this up at some point. I'm in Australia and we are coming into autumn/winter, so I may wait til spring as I have quite a few TM/BB/CC 's open at the moment. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product! I really love it :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  2. This sounds seriously amazing! It's so good to see that it includes such a high SPF! I have combo skin as well but love a natural finish, so this one sounds perfect.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using it for a while as well and can't get enough of it either. (As a side note what's the color on your lips? It looks beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the YSL Volupte Tint-In-Oil in Cherry My Cherie!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig