by corinne iaia

April 05, 2015

CURRENT DRUGSTORE FAVORITES


Every once in a while, what was meant to be a quick trip to the drugstore to pick up cotton balls and nail polish remover turns into a serious makeup shopping spree. Recently, I had a good peruse through the aisles of my local drugstore, leaving with quite a few products in hand, some of which I have been absolutely loving lately...

I ran out of my usual micellar water from La Roche Posay, and of course they were also out of stock in store. Growls. In search of a replacement I picked up the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water, and oh wow, this stuff makes removing makeup a cakewalk. This bottle contains the exact amount of product for less than half the price, and does the job of removing my makeup in less time. I also find this to be more soothing on my skin as it has little to no scent whatsoever, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. I've also been struggling with under eye circles lately, as the area is a bit dry and many of my concealers are creasing on me, so I decided to try out the Garnier Skin-Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller. I've been enjoying using this under my usual concealer, as it's lessened the need for a ton of additional product. It really brightens up the area and soothes puffiness thanks to the inclusion of caffeine.

In terms of bases, the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream really caught my attention, promising skin-clearing sheer coverage. While I don't tend to have breakouts, I do like that this is more mattifying and less greasy than some BB creams can be. I'm a definite fan of the satin finish and light dose of coverage it gives, and for a drugstore option it feels more like skincare than makeup, which is a big plus.

If you read Friday's post, you'll know about my love for this new L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Blush in Soft Pink, which feels like a stain/primer hybrid but stamps onto the cheeks leaving a beautiful flush. It's seriously hard to describe the texture of this, but the color is so uplifting and makes my cheeks look like I just went for a run in fresh air, which I quite like. 

Of course, I couldn't leave without picking up a lip product. I'm sure you know I love the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains, so naturally I gravitated toward the ultra similar L'Oreal Colour Riche Extroardinaire Lipcolour in Rose Melody. I will say this has a bit less staying power, but on the plus side is a bit creamier and less heavily scented, and overall makes for a pretty awesome dupe. Not to mention this particular color is seriously a beaut.

Now we've had our cheap and cheerful fun, tomorrow's post is a bit more of a luxe one. Stay tuned, because if you're a fan of beautiful Spring blooms you'll love the products I'm going to be mentioning.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig