by corinne iaia

April 18, 2015

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE PRO-MATTE FOUNDATION

I think we can all agree that with the warmer months upon us, it's time to start breaking out the budge-proof bases. I like my makeup to look light and fresh during the Spring and Summer, so I don't want to be touching up too much throughout the day as to avoid things caking up. Recently, I stumbled upon the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation at the drugstore and was intrigued by its promise of 24 hour wear time and oil control properties - sounds pretty much perfect for long Summer days, doesn't it

L'Oreal says this foundation has a demi-matte finish, a 24 hour wear time, medium coverage, and air-light texture. I obviously had to put this to the test for myself to see if all of these amazing claims could be true, so I slapped on a mixture of the shades 102 and 103 at around 8:00 AM to see how well this base would last throughout the day.

First of all, I have to say that I agree with the recommended application technique; so I smoothed a pea size drop "onto my skin in rolling motions" to create a flawless coverage. I worked in small sections as I noticed this stuff set down to a budge-proof finish pretty quickly, and let me tell you, once it sets it really isn't going to go anywhere until you want it to. The finish definitely sits more on the matte end of the spectrum, but I like that the finish isn't flat or cakey looking like some matte foundations can be. It gives a pretty good dose of medium coverage that's definitely very buildable, and if you have redness in the skin at all it seems to cover that really well. It's almost a whipped texture that I would liken to a less moisturizing and fuller coverage version of the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. If you have oilier skin, this is definitely going to work well on you, but I would still recommend making sure to exfoliate and moisturize prior to wear. 

The verdict: By 10:00 PM that same night, the foundation hadn't been eaten up by my skin (not even my nose!) and had still remained pretty fresh looking. A bit of settling had occurred around my nose area, but that is something I experience with every medium coverage foundation. All in all, a really good budget option for the warmer months that are approaching - no worrying about touchups here!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This foundation really does have a lovely finish, I've heard so many things, I need to pick it up for myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great budget foundation!
      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  2. Oh will be going to pick this up right away! I hate how makeup has been starting to melt off of my face as soon as the temperatures creeps of 18 degrees. Thanks for the review! :)

    ExploresMore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a good one and of course :)

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig