by corinne iaia

April 29, 2015

NEVER ENOUGH CHARLOTTE


Since the launch of her brand, Charlotte Tilbury's glamourous beauty products have occupied a good portion of the real estate on my face. I have yet to be let down by any of her products (it's safe to say I've tried a fair few) and each time a purchase is made my "to buy" list somehow lengthens itself. Her makeup collection is pretty streamlined in comparison to some others and I really like how each product serves a very specific purpose and is formulated with ingredients that help take the trouble out of makeup application. In my opinion, Charlotte's products make it easy to recreate her signature looks and make it fun to do your makeup with real results.

The first item I picked up was the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in 01 Fair, which is a really beautiful shimmer free setting powder. I'll always love my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, but I have been on the hunt for a more skin-colored mattifying powder for the Summer months. This one is perfect, as it's undetectable on the skin and creates a poreless finish without ever clinging to dry patches. I even took a mirror with me outside to guarantee a seal of approval on this and it looks so skin-like, even in harsh light, which I credit to the inclusion of active skincare ingredients like almond oil and rose wax.

I'd also been curious to try the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow Instant Soft Focus Beauty Flash, as I've been having a bit of a moment with illuminating bases and had heard great things about this one. The golden peach tones of this work really well with my warm skin tone, and the shimmer particles are so fine that they really help to create a diffused light effect making imperfections less noticeable. Not to mention, this formula is actually working with your skin instead of against it as it's paraben-free, and contains peptides, rose hip oil, and camelia oil. It's like an instant energy and glow booster for your skin - I'm already obsessed.

Of course, an eyeshadow quad was bound to happen at some point, so naturally I picked up the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita. I love Charlotte's video tutorials using this combination of colors, and the rich bronze and garnet tones of this palette seemed perfect for the warmer months paired with a bit of a tan. This really is an instant smokey eye look done for you and I particularly love the glittery "pop" shade at the bottom left, as it creates such a beautiful intensity to the look.

It's no surprise that these bits from Charlotte Tilbury have already gotten rave reviews - I have been using them daily since their induction into my stash and I can only say good things.

What are your favorite CT products? Enable my next purchase!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. i definitely want the sculpting palette and a few more shadows! and the new eyes to mesmerize :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig