by corinne iaia

April 08, 2015

PRODUCT ROUNDUP: THE BEST OF RECENT RELEASES


Early Spring months always provide us with quite a hefty dosage of new releases. I'm not complaining - at all, but it can be quite difficult to pinpoint which are worthy of a purchase. I've reviewed many of these products on their own over the past few months, but right now I'm gathering together my "best of" recent releases so that you can start compiling that shopping list. Here's what I couldn't do without...

Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight in Hefty Highlight - full review here. This is like Benefit's High Beam compacted into stick form and converted into a cream-to-powder formula. I love the ease of using this product, no brushes needed, it makes a great addition to your makeup bag for some on the go glow.

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation - full review here. This has quickly become my go-to base for indelible coverage that doesn't look caked on. I will warn you though, if you have dry skin this will be more noticeable on you, however, oily skinned girls listen up - you need this.

Rae Morris Pro Powder Brush 22 - I'm not usually one to rave on about brushes, but this is seriously the softest thing I've ever felt. It makes all powder products apply much more beautifully and never gives that cake-face effect. If you're a powder hater, this brush may just convert you. Pricey, but in my opinion a serious investment in my beauty routine.

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue - full review here. This product made it into my March favorites and still remains a firm favorite for light, comforting coverage that isn't like your typical tinted moisturizer. It allows your skin to breathe but the finish that it leaves is so smoothing you won't be able to stop feeling your face. Get a tube, you'll thank me later...

Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom Cologne - I won't go on and on about this considering I posted about it quite recently, but just know that I've found it hard to reach for anything else on a day to day basis. Such a beautiful, crisp floral that's perfect for Spring.

Giorgio Armani Eye Tint in 11 - full review here. A stunning rose-gold shade in one of my favorite cream shadow formulas. This stuff will not budge and can be worn in a super sheer wash of color or built up for a more intense look. Love.

Chanel Rouge Coco in Cecile - The new reformulated Chanel lipsticks are so beautiful, not to mention the impeccible shade range. So many pretty lipsticks, so little time. I like this peachy pink shade as it has very fine shimmer that gives the illusion of fuller lips.

Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Sticks - full review here. As I mentioned in my post, these are like contouring sticks for dummies. The trio comes with a face shape chart and corresponding contour pictorials, and the creamy formulas blend like a dream. I also love how the contour shade is less ruddy than some cream formulas, and the bronze stick makes the transition from highlight to contour as seamless as possible.

Make Up For Ever Skin Equalizer in Radiant Primer Pink - full review here. A primer that feels like a milky serum and brightens the skin tone without any shimmer? This stuff is seriously addictive.

What are your favorite new releases?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love Armani products, they're pricy but so so worth it! I'm a huge fan of 'stick' applicant products too and I'm big into highlighting so will definitely be keeping an eye out for that Clinique product. Great product recommendations - thanks!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely investment pieces! The Clinique highlight is awesome <3

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete
  2. I got the Nars foundation too and am loving it! Great picks here :)

    Lauren x

    http://laurensissons.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - everything looks amazing! I especially love the look of the Bare Minerals complexion rescue and the Giorgio Armani eye tints!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tasha! Those are also two of my favorites <3

      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig