by corinne iaia

April 14, 2015

SPRING BEAUTY LOVES


We've made it into Spring (yasss) and with the weather finally beginning to warm up, I've been lightening up on makeup colors and been enjoying fresh, soothing scents. I've rummaged up some older favorites from my beauty stash and have been loving them all over again, and have enjoyed playing with some pretty new(ish) additions as well. 

For base it's back to one super glowy product, the Chanel Les Beiges All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid, which I love using once my skin has seen the sun a few times. I use the shade B20, which can be a bit dark for my pasty white Winter skin, but come Spring and a small dose of Vitamin D I'm back to it again. It really gives a nice perfecting bit of coverage but looks like you've got nothing but a moisturizer on - not to mention it makes you look as if you've just been on vacation. 

On the cheeks I've been all about cream blushes lately, and right now I'm loving the creamy versatility of the Nars Matte Multiple in Laos, a pretty rosy shade with a hint of brightening coral. It's kind of a 'my flush but better' color, if you will. I'm also adding warmth with a sweep of my new favorite complexion enhancer, the Tory Burch Divine Bronzer and Blush* which has a similar effect as the Guerlain Meteorites when you swirl together the three shades. It's subtle, but makes a great natural bronzer for those with paler skin. 

On the eyes I cant stop using the Tom Ford Eye Color Duo* in Ripe Plum, for a barely noticeable bit of color different from my usual neutrals. I love how the opalescent shade adds a soft multi-tonal dimension to the plum shade, which can be worn either sheer or full on. I'm surprised by the multitude of looks you can create with only two shadows, and will definitely be bringing this little gem with me on weekend trips in the future. 

For lips I'm loving moisturizing neutral shades for easy daytime wear. One of my new favorite formulas for long lasting but sheer color is the Lancome Shine Lover Vibrant Shine Lipstick in Twisted Beige. It's a gorgeous pinky nude that mimics my lip color but tones down the redness just enough, and keeps lips looking perfected with a hint of shine.

My room has been smelling of fresh and milky fig trees thanks to the Diptyque Figuier Room Spray. If I close my eyes I can almost pretend that I'm sitting right next to the real thing on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. Perfect for this time of the year. My usual baths have been getting an extra dose of luxury lately as well with a little pour of the Aveda Stress-Fix Composition Oil* which smells like lavender and eucalyptus. It's the perfect pre-bedtime treat that practically lulls me to sleep and it doubles as a body oil as well because it's not overly greasy and absorbs quickly. 

What products have you been loving lately?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never though of getting a room spray, but the diptyque sounds lovely!

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love Fig scented products in general :)
      xx,
      Corinne

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig