by corinne iaia

April 07, 2015

THE SPRING LIP SHADES


Admittedly, I've always been a bit of a lip product hoarder, so much so that I don't even remember the shades I already own when I go to make a new purchase. Come Spring you'll find me lightening up on my face makeup and darker eye shades - those are saved for nights out - and as a result of that, lips become the main focus of the look. Whether it be matte pinks, nudes, or barely there color, here are the five shades currently on rotation making up my Spring edition lip wardrobe. 

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in 106 Beige Anarchist - One of my all time favorite lip product formulas. This shade especially perfects the shape of the lips with no need for lining. I love that it looks like a gloss but is much more comfortable and stays put for hours - yes, even through meals. This nude shade is gives a beautiful bit of color without overtaking the rest of the makeup.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 220 Showy Flamboyante - Easily one of the most pigmented lip products at the drugstore, these matte balms are still a favorite of mine. I own multiple shades, but this hot pink is particularly beautiful for pairing with nude eyes in the warmer months. It's the perfect statement lip shade that's matte but moisturizing at the same time. Bonus - I'd have to say it's a pretty close dupe for Chanel's La Diva lipstick, another favorite of mine.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer - I know that everyone loves these balmy glosses, but it's for good reason. They instantly give lips a fuller appearance, tone down any natural red pigmentation, and just give a much more perfected look. Basically, they deliver exactly what's promised and I don't think I could ever have enough of these. I personally love this rosy shade best for Spring.

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Penelope Pink - You didn't think I'd skip the browny pinks just because it's now Spring, did you? I love the formula, and cupcake scent, of CT's lipsticks, but especially love this shade. It's the perfect balance between a browny nude and pink; there's really a bit of both in there for a more uplifting effect. I also like how creamy these lipsticks are and there's no noticeable shimmer in this one whatsoever.

YSL Volupte Tint in Oil in 5 Cherry My Cherie - pictured above. Whenever my lips are dehydrated, but I want a nice bit of skin brightening pink, I reach for this. I've spoken about this product multiple times recently, but I just couldn't put together a Spring lip shade post and not include it. It's truly been a staple in my makeup bag and routine. I love the fact that it's not sticky and gives a longer-term moisturizing effect than most lip stains. It's really such a beautiful product.

I'm interested in what's been occupying your lips at the moment - fill me in on your must haves for Spring!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. YSL lip products for me are the best in terms of longevity, pigmentation and just general prettiness (that packaging!!!). I've read loads about those Glossy Stains but less about the Volupte Tint - definitely one I'm going to keep an eye out for now!

    My favourite lips for spring are Captivate by MAC (a dusty rose) and NARS matte velvet pencil in Bahama (a mauve-ish nude)
    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so intrigued by the YSL lip oils... I really want to give them a go. Love your picks. x

    Kirsty -Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great picks! I've been getting a lot of use of my Rouge Dior #532 Plissé Soleil lately.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig