by corinne iaia

May 27, 2015

EYESHADOWS YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH


Early mornings or rushed nights out call for eye-enhancing shadows that don't need faffing around with. Through loads of trial and error, I now protect myself with an armory of eyeshadows that always perform their duties efficiently when I don't have time to mess around, whether it be a smokey eye, a quick neutral, or that liquid metal effect I'm after. 

For a foolproof smokey eye look, the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita is just the ticket. It can take your eye look from day to night with the sweep of a brush, and once you've watched Charlotte's video tutorial you'll become a pro armed with this shadow offering as well. Even on lazy days I love dusting a bit of the lightest "prime" shade all over the lid with a bit of the "enhance" shade on the outer corner for just the right amount of definition and minimal effort. 

For a one-swipe wonder, no thought necessary wash of color, the Gucci Magnetic Color Shadow Mono in Starlight is a lifesaver of a product. I've never found such a perfect powder shadow before - it's buttery smooth, enhances my eyes, and requires minimal blending for a smooth and airbrushed makeup look. 

Then there are the cream shadows that add dimension and color in one glide of a stick or one dip of a finger. They truly are amazing products for long-lasting color that looks as though multiple products were used to achieve the look. My favorites are the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Mona Lisa, Tom Ford Cream & Powder Eye Color* in Golden Peach, and By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Everyone seems to love the Dolce Vita palette! I might do a Charlotte Tilbury haul when I next get paid, I have my eye on the primer and maybe one of cream shadows.

    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the hunt for the Tom Ford item you mention but the Time i realise it was available in France already sold out so i bought one of the Clarins aquatic collection .

    Alexandra xx
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bronze moon is my favourite shadow stick ever!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig