by corinne iaia

May 09, 2015

FOR THE POWDER HATERS


Because I've grown to become one as well. Years ago you would've seen me caking my face in the stuff every morning, and in fear of my natural skin shining through, I opted for a flat and matte complexion. Needless to say it wasn't really the best look and now I take extra care to make sure that my skin looks like, you know, skin...

All three of these powders are, of course, different, but they do share the ability to keep things glowy while also in their proper places. If you're looking for a colorless powder that airbrushes over pores and takes shine down just the right amount, then look no further than the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder. Best of all, this powder can be used to "prime" the skin as well and a light dusting before and after foundation will ensure longevity. 

If it's a bit of luminosity that you're looking to get from your setting powder, then my absolute favorite is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. There isn't a color that I don't like, as they all offer a soft-focus and diffused glow like nothing else out there. I love these for night time especially as with a bit of a heavier hand you get a really J. Lo like effect of glistening skin, but without the glitter. 

Then there's the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish powder, which gives the most beautiful plumped and perfected look. I know it seems strange to say, but this powder actually feels moisturizing and comforting on my skin, which is a big must considering nobody wants a powder that clings to dry patches. This offers a bit of coverage but still lets your natural skin shine through. On "good skin days" or weekends I sometimes even dust this over my skin atop a bit of concealer for a natural, but poreless look. What more could you want, really?

Which of these powders are you itching to try? 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Ambient lighting powders are the best!!! Obsessed with them :-) been dying to try the CT but haven't yet x
    thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig