by corinne iaia

May 12, 2015

GLOSSY SUMMER EYESHADOWS

I love glossy and effortless eyeshadows for Summer, as thick and caked on powders can begin to feel a bit heavy. Not to mention, pigments start to slide around on your lids and all of your hard work at blending goes down the drain. Sad times. It's a bit early to be talking about Summer, yes, but the drastic changes in temperature have had me reaching for these creamy shadows with a glossy finish on the daily.

The first of the bunch and the one I've had for the longest period of time now is the Giorgio Armani Eye Tint in #11. I only have one color of this product because they are a bit on the pricey side, but the one tube has served me well. I love the rose gold shade of this and the crease-proof tint dries down to a glossy finish in seconds and won't be moving all day. I'd definitely recommend picking up one shade as well because there is a hefty amount of product in the tube and the doe-foot applicator is near genius. One rave done, and onto the next. There are so many really great eyeshadow sticks on the market, but the By Terry Ombre Blackstars stand out to me for their multidimensional and complex color range. I have the shade Misty Rock and Bronze Moon and both are stunning and can either give the lids a gilded-full on metal look, or can be worn sheer for a great daytime wash of color. These have become my go-to sticks for that five second smokey eye look we all lust after.

Whipped, mousse like cream-shadows are also having their moment currently - and I am not complaining. I've wanted to get my hands on the Tom Ford Cream Shadows forever, but never placed an order in time for their quick sellouts. Luckily, the Tom Ford Soleil collection included four shades of beautiful Cream and Powder Eye Color*. I can't begin to tell you how versatile and beautiful these pots are; one whipped cream shade and one gilded complementary powder make for the most dreamy duos of this Summer. Get them before they're gone people. 

Last, but certainly not least are the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise. Pots of creamy shadow goodness in the most beautiful array of neutrals that give eyes a wash of sultry color. These are so great for the lazy-makeup days when you just want to pat something onto your lids and be finished. My favorite shades are Mona Lisa and Norma Jean. What are your favorites mentioned here?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm so looking forward to trying the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize!!!
    xx,
    E.
    www.theslowpace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about the CT Eyes to Mesmerize! I love using MAC Groundwork and lately, a few new cream shadows from ColourPop. They last better than powder shadow over NARS Smudge Proof! Always a bonus in sultry weather where everything gets a bit slippery.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig