by corinne iaia

May 19, 2015

MINUTE MAKEUP STAPLES


I must say I don't know anyone who isn't fond of finding ways to save time, especially when it comes to getting ready and out the door on busy days. In recent months my makeup routine has become quite streamlined, if I do say so myself, and I'm finally finding out which products really work for me and which I can forgo. That being said, here are the products I reach for when the clock is ticking and I don't have time to fuss over what beauty products to use. Spoiler alert: they're also very light and Spring appropriate. 

For my base I tend to reach for something fresh and natural looking that still gives light to medium coverage. I'm sure you've heard my rants on this product before but the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation is so perfect for a quick application that you don't need to worry about migrating throughout the day. Once my base is set, I like to apply a bit of an illuminating product on the high points of my face, and the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight is the easiest to use. You hardly need to touch the product with your fingers after swiping it on, which makes it a winner in my book. Not to mention, the shade is definitely a universally flattering pearly sheen. 

One thing I will never forgo is a polished brow (thanks to that scar) and a quick way to spruce them up is with a brow pencil with an angled nib. I love the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor* and the shade 04 Espresso is my perfect deep brown shade with no reddish undertones. This one also has a great spoolie on the end opposity the wax nib. Thank you TF

To add some definition to the eyes in the quickest way possible, I like to use smudgey browns that look like they're supposed to be imperfect. The Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Mona Lisa is the perfect violet infused chocolate brown shade and it compliments my brown eyes perfectly. These little pots of mousse-y product also pack one seriously lasting punch so theres no worrying about touchups. Of course, I finish off with a swipe on some mascara for defined lashes. 

For lips in a hurry I usually just reach for a perky pink tinted balm like the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector. These are such great lip products for everyday and they keep the lips hydrated and looking like a better version of their natural selves. What products do you reach for in a hurry?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ooo, I need to try out that Clinique highlight. What do you think of the pairing contour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona Lisa is such a beautiful shade, I also got Verushuka too. Do you find they crease? I never have to use an eyeshadow primer but if I don't with these I find they crease badly. Such pretty colours though, I can put up with it x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig