by corinne iaia

May 24, 2015

MY TOP 5 DUAL PURPOSE BEAUTY PRODUCT PICKS

And no, they're not just makeup picks. I'll have you know that some of my very favorite products are worth their weight in gold for more than one reason. They are dual-purpose and can multi-task just about as well as any mom out there. Well, almost

Any-who, I sometimes don't feel like faffing around with other makeup and want to use as few products as possible. So naturally, the ones that help eliminate the need for additional steps and can do two jobs are very much loved indeed. 

For instance, unless I'm going somewhere and I need my makeup to stay put for 16 hours plus, which is rare, I can slap on a dollop of the Glossier Priming Moisturizer and be done. With this moisturizer my skin is left happily calmed and dewy, leaving the perfect base for makeup to go overtop. No primer needed here. And to amp up the healthy look, a dab of Tory Burch Lip & Cheek Tint does your lips and cheeks, as the name would suggest, wonders. Sometimes I love the fluidity of matching your lip and cheek color as well, as it can look a bit more natural. 

For chiseled cheekbones you know I love the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium, but there's something else you may not know about this little wonder-pan yet. This perfect ashy shade of brown makes for a great eye socket definer as well, the most universally flattering crease-color yet perhaps. It also doesn't hurt that it's super pigmented and blends like a dream. 

While I'm talking eyes, we all know that my brows love Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, but what about as an eyeliner? You know how well this stuff stays put all day long in your arches, and you better believe it does a damn good job defining those peepers as well. Not to mention, it pulls the look together and gives your lashes a bit of a boost as well when pushed into the roots. 

And to take it all off at the end of the day, while giving myself a blood-circulating and stimulating facial massage, I will use the Eve Lom Cleanser. This stuff also makes for a great mask, and if left on for 10 minutes or more, the skin is left juicy and glowingly moisturized. Can I buy this stuff by the bucket?

What are your favorite multi-tasking products? Anything that I must try out?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Fab post! I use the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Go palette for eyes too, especially if I'm travelling or away for a night, so easy to just chuck this palette in and not worry about eyeshadows. I'll try to remember to give the KA Scultping powder a go on my eyes xx

    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a good multitasker! I love matching my lips to my cheeks, so a 2 in 1 is perfect! I imagine you could even use the Kevyn Aucoin contour shade to fill in the brows too!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I never would've thought to use Dip Brow as an eyeliner - good call! Bronzer as a matte transition shade is one of the best 2-in-1 time saving tricks in the business!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig