by corinne iaia

May 08, 2015

NO BRUSH NEEDED BASES

Some days you just don't feel like taking out your beauty tool kit and caulking over your pores, am I right? Those days occur more frequently for me during the warmer months, when I'd much prefer a light and breathable base. Personally, I've found the best way to achieve that second-skin like finish is with fingers so that the warmth of your hands help to work the product into your face. But, when it comes to a brush-free application, not all bases are created equal - so here are my finger-friendly favorites of the moment. 

  1. Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation - I use the shade 3 Fair. I just can't rave about this stuff enough, can I? Just trust me when I tell you that you have to try it to believe it. It's like the glowier and slightly higher-coverage older sister of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. It has a fluid texture, no scent, and no SPF which is makes it a better option for those of us being photographed. The texture feels more like a tint than a foundation, which for me, is a good thing, but also has sufficient and undetectable coverage.
  2. Chanel CC Cream - I use the shade 20 Beige. By far my favorite CC Cream ever. I'm usually not a fan of them as the shade range tends to fight against my complexion color, leaning more on the ashy side of things. But with this one, the shade is on point and makes my skin look fresh, luminous, and healthy. Never greasy or too balmy like some can be. With an SPF of 50, this could possibly be the perfect beach and poolside base, especially for those afraid of going completely bare. The best part - they'll think you're wearing nothing at all
  3. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue - I use the shade Buttercream 03. This tinted gel-based cream leaves your skin feeling dewy and plumped, as though you've just used a really great moisturizer. I like this on days when you don't want to look as though you've gone and applied makeup, but need a little boost. It feels as though it's water based and also provides a hit of hydration while smoothing the skin texture. It's a great one to have in your arsenal. 
  4. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer - I use the shade Finland. An oldie but definitely a goodie, not to mention, one I always come back to. It offers a buildable and breathable coverage that never feels greasy and feels like you're applying skincare, not makeup. It boasts an SPF of 30, making it perfect for those sun-drenched Summer days.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I promised myself I'll buy the Charlote Tilbury Light Wonder foundation the next time I visit London!!
    The Nars Pure radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland is exactly what I need and want but that shade is always sold out!!!
    Sigh!
    xx,
    E.
    www.theslowpace.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig