by corinne iaia

May 15, 2015

THE BLUSHES THAT CONVERTED ME TO A CREAM LOVER

Lately, you couldn't pry the cream blush and stippling brush from my hands if you tried. I've been completely converted, at least for the warmer months, to a luminous flush of color that melts onto the cheeks. There's something so perky and fresh about the cream formulas in my opinion, specifically the ones I'm about to tell you about, and they really bring it on the lit-from-within front.

You've seen it here many a time since it's arrival on my desk, and I'm sorry, but it's just that good. It's the Tom Ford Cream Cheek Color* in Pink Sand and it has combines just the right amount of golden glow with the perfect pink color that mimics a natural flush. It's also the perfect consistency for easy blending with either fingers, or a stippling brush. 

Then there are the multi-taskers that I love toting around in my makeup bag for their dual-purpose goodness. The RMS Lip2Cheek in Smile has always been a standby favorite for it's natural coconut oil base and the bit of gleam it gives to cheeks or lips when applied. Best of all is the pot is travel-friendly and you only need a tiny dab of product because it's super pigmented stuff. The Jouer Tint is another great multi-tasker, and definitely one of my favorite cream blush formulas to date. My favorite shade is Honeysuckle, a sheer peachy cream that lasts a good 6 hours on my skin, which is great. It also sets down and sort of becomes a second skin, and thankfully, won't transfer onto your new white blouse when you're changing. Cough, cough...YSL Creme de Blush I'm looking at you.

Another firm favorite is the Tory Burch Lip & Cheek Tint* in Cat's Meow 01, which holds a place in my bag because I like it just as much on the lips as I do on the cheeks. Let me tell you, it's not all that often that that happens. Who knew Tory could do tints as well as she does ballet flats?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous shades. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig