by corinne iaia

June 15, 2015

ARRIVING IN BELLAGIO, LAKE COMO


Bringing the first part of my travel photo diary to you. I spent two weeks with my family in Italy, beginning the trip on beautiful Lake Como. Obviously, here I'm smiling goofily at that ^^ stunning landscape.
We stayed at the Hotel Belvedere in Bellagio, which had a cozy family run atmosphere, ah-mazing pool and infinity jacuzzi overlooking the lake, and an unbelievable position nestled between terraced land and water.
I'm a huge sucker for these types of classic Italian scenes. Salumerias filled with fresh cheeses and cured meats and cute mopeds propped against century-old walls.
Every narrow street in Bellagio leads down to the edge of that deep blue water, where you can sit and enjoy gelatos, or perhaps a delicious Aperol Spritz, fresh Prosecco, and of course a delicious panini. All while staring out at this view.
At night, this there is this magical feeling to the town; deep navy skies speckled with stars and the yellow and terracotta buildings are lit by cast iron street lamps.. I have to say I fell in love with this town the second I set eyes on it. I always love Italy, but this was unlike anywhere I've been before and has, quite honestly, the best of both worlds in terms of landscapes. The old buildings of quaint small towns and cities  trickle down the side of the Alps, running to meet deep waters reminiscent of the Mediterranean and bluer than any lake I've seen before. Such a romantic place and great for hiking, swimming, exploring endless towns and villas, and of course, eating. Our first night there was spent at Ristorante Bilacus, where I enjoyed a delicious meal of panzerotti (smaller versions of calzones made with softer dough and stuffed with either meats, cheeses, or vegetables) and typical Bolognese with Porcini mushrooms on a bed of homemade pappardelle pasta. Simply delicious - I'm hungry just thinking about it.

We spent multiple days on Lake Como, so you can expect more to come!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig